What do you think of holidays, parks and memorials

What do you think of holidays, parks and memorials

• Fantastic! Obama deserves countless honors for rescuing America from the brink

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • They're well-deserved. His historic election to the presidency is enough reason

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every president is honored like this, so there's nothing wrong with it

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Hawaii, like all states, can honor whomever it wants

• Hey, he's won the Nobel Prize for doing nothing, so these lesser awards are no big deal

• I don't care either way

• If America were a better a place because of him, I might approve, but we're much worse off

• It's simply a bad idea

• Hawaii will feel pretty silly when it's conclusively proven Obama wasn't even born there

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I don't understand why anyone would want to honor this man actively trying to destroy America

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Seeing Obama's name honored for years to come is among the most personally sickening notions

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Americans will throng to erase Obama's name from any place, with the exception of his cell block

• Other

• Total voters
E

EmptyTimCup

I got this from WND and wanted to see how SOMD stacked up nationally ...

'O' MY GOODNESS
What do you think of holidays, parks and memorials to honor Obama?

:killingme

at the time I posted:

I foresee the day when Americans will throng to erase Obama's name from any and every place, with the exception of his cell block 48% (1047)

Last edited by a moderator:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am against honoring someone in any way simply for the color of their skin, which they had nothing to do with. There are numerous *accomplished* black people who deserve to be memorialized - Obama isn't one of them.

However, he IS president, and he WAS born in Hawaii (tinfoil hattery aside). So if they want to name a park or whatever after him, who cares? It's nothing that hasn't been done before.

Animal

I eat red meat
Land fills and waste water treatment plants should all carry his name as that is where he is heading the nation.

T

toppick08

Will he sell me a Pontiac GTO for dealer cost ?, if so, I'll dig the footings for his first statue.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I heard something on the radio a while ago where people were asked what they considered the seminal event of the decade.

It wasn't 9/11. And it wasn't exactly Obama's win, but something more vague like "the political tide changing, and the wars".

I think a statue might be worthwhile. After all, there is the saying that those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it, so a statue with an accompanying list of all his failures could serve as a reminder to later generations.

Mama_Mia08

I say wait and see if he does anything to deserve it.

:yeahthat:

I do think it is too early to tell if he should get any honor, award, etc. However, other Presidents have stuff named after them. Although, I thought that usually happens after their term. As long as I'm not paying for it then I don't care.