What does your teacher sit on?

seekeroftruth

Revelation 4:1 After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.” 2 At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it. 3 And the one who sat there had the appearance of jasper and ruby. A rainbow that shone like an emerald encircled the throne. 4 Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty-four elders. They were dressed in white and had crowns of gold on their heads. 5 From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. In front of the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits of God. 6 Also in front of the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.
In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures, and they were covered with eyes, in front and in back. 7 The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle. 8 Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings. Day and night they never stop saying:
“‘Holy, holy, holy
is the Lord God Almighty,’
who was, and is, and is to come.”
9 Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, 10 the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:
11 “You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being.”
I know.... it looks long but it's only 11 verses!

So I'm using the commentary to figure out what John is telling us.

We just went through what Jesus thought about the Seven Churches in Asia. I bet they thought their churches were doing just fine! Jesus said all but one had some serious work to do to get back in the good graces of the Family of God. Thinking of all this from the Family perspective.... Six of the seven family members were sent back to redo or correct their Missions because they messed up.

This is from the commentary concerning the throne.

The bottom line of atheism or materialism is that there is no throne, there is no seat of authority or power that the entire universe must answer to. The bottom line of humanism is that there is a throne, but man sits upon it.
Essentially, man cannot live without the concept of a throne, a supreme ruler. So if man de-thrones God, he will inescapably place himself or some other man upon the throne, perhaps a political leader, as was the case with the dictators Lenin, Stalin, and Mao.

This is what the commentary says about the four creatures, in general.

These beings of great intelligence and understanding live their existence to worship God. All failure to truly worship is rooted in a lack of seeing and understanding.​
These cherubim are “Qualified with all necessary endowments, for the discharge of their duties, being bold as lions, painful as oxen, prudent as men, delighted in high flying as eagles.” (Trapp)​
There are also Elders at the throne.

Whenever the cherubim would worship, the elders would fall down and worship... but look.... The end of verse 8 says "they never stop". So, the Elders of the Church never stop falling down to worship either.

On top of that, it would seem that the Elders are so close to the throne, they would only be preaching the truth when they worship. No fake Gospels going on here. God "allows them to exist" and if He doesn't hear the truth from them, then He can "allow them to cease to exist".

So, John was shone a door to Heaven in his vision. He was invited to see Heaven. He saw the Throne of God and He witnessed Heavenly Worship.

Jesus told John to come up to Heaven and Jesus would show John what has to happen in "End Times".

John is on a marble rock island. There was not a nice little tree for him to lean up against while he was contemplating Heaven. John saw the throne of God. John saw true worship. John saw the hierarchy of Heaven.

In your church... does the preacher sit on the "throne" or does he sit in a chair? I've seen both. Some churches have a couple of throne-like seats the preachers and the choir director and the person who reads the scripture use, and others just have nice chairs for them to use until it's their turn.

Yes, I know, your preacher is a good guy who "only teaches the truth" but does he speak from the "throne" or does he speak from a "chair". Is he large and in charge, or does he bow down to God? Is he teaching the truth or the truth as he thinks you should hear it?

God is on the Throne. Not a human... not a pharaoh... not a politician.

What does your teacher sit on?

:coffee: