What food don't you like?

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hate garlic.
If you don't like the taste of something, put garlic on it !
That is the only reason why someone would use garlic.

Last edited:

frequentflier

happy to be living
:lmao:

We were in Florida and had breakfast at this diner. There was a group of people obviously part of a family and they all had these "reunion" type shirts on. The back of them had the date and place of the annual "Testicle Festival" on it. :lol:

A customer had a shirt on last week and we all cracked up...I think the festival is in Wisconsin.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Can't think of anything off the top of my head that I've tried once and will never eat again unless it was something spiced so hot that you needed to drink a gallon of milk afterwards.

One thing I won't drink is bubble milk tea. Basically iced milk tea with these big gelatinous balls floating in it. It's everywhere in Taiwan and my customers there tried their hardest to get me to drink it. I just discovered last night that Panda Village in Leonardtown sells it. :barf:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I've thought of another one, boiled peanuts. I know people in the south who think they're the greatest thing ever, but they remind me of beans and slime.

SamSpade

I've looked over everyone's list - and nearly everyone has a handful of things I ABSOLUTELY like -
although if prepared poorly, I can understand why you might not like it.

Anchovies are horrible - unless you dissolve them to make bagna cauda.
I've had dishes made of chicken livers and hearts that were indescribably delicious -
calamari so delicately prepared, you'd think it was the tenderest pasta -
beef tongue cooked and prepared so that it tasted a bit like roasted pork.
Mussels need to be cooked well enough to remove all the salt, and normally you do that by taking
live mussels and switching out the water so that it desalinates itself.

Snails I've had broiled so that they taste like clams. Chicken and duck feet that taste like
fried chicken skins. And while I'm good with raw oysters - fried oysters are amazing.
I cannot have enough.

And I like lamb pretty much prepared any way I've had it.

But I can't stand calve's liver. I've tried it enough times and enough ways, I'm never going to like it.
I don't like brains - and I can't get the idea out of my mind.
Ditto tripe. Turkey giblets. Okra, but only because I've mostly had it slimy - but fried okra is just fine.

Lilypad

Any food that smells funky
All organ meats
Mystery meats-blood sausage, souse,
Canned soup
Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, most sodas
Margarine, fake butter
Raw seafood

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Basically iced milk tea with these big gelatinous balls floating in it. It's everywhere in Taiwan

LMAO..I remember that stuff. They brought that in with one of the daily carry-out lunch orders. Definitely didn't go on my "yumm..gotta find more of that" list. ;-)

lucky_bee

RBF expert
most canned foods - vegetables, soup, etc. tastes like metal or plastic to me.
most weird organ meats - I might try some tongue but hold the brains.
most sodas
most things with FAKE fruit flavoring - candy, jello, juice, etc. I DETEST anything unnaturaly flavored to resemble a fruit taste. I *might* try it if it's specifically citrus though. But I love most fruits :shrug: but give me some starbursts other than yellow and I might vomit.
texture of tomatoes - they either have to be perfectly ripe and firm, or cooked and pureed into sauce. In between is mostly a no-go. I don't mind the flavor, it's just the texture. I'll make stuff with sun-dried tomatoes but watch me pick around them :lol:
bugs
animals that can be kept as pets (horses, dogs, cats, etc.) I don't really want to eat your old pet pig either if you raised it, named it, and have a file with the local vet on it. That's different from the ones raised to be eaten.
anything above normal hot/spicy.

Lilypad

most canned foods - vegetables, soup, etc. tastes like metal or plastic to me.
most weird organ meats - I might try some tongue but hold the brains.
most sodas
most things with FAKE fruit flavoring - candy, jello, juice, etc. I DETEST anything unnaturaly flavored to resemble a fruit taste. I *might* try it if it's specifically citrus though. But I love most fruits :shrug: but give me some starbursts other than yellow and I might vomit.
texture of tomatoes - they either have to be perfectly ripe and firm, or cooked and pureed into sauce. In between is mostly a no-go. I don't mind the flavor, it's just the texture. I'll make stuff with sun-dried tomatoes but watch me pick around them :lol:
bugs
animals that can be kept as pets (horses, dogs, cats, etc.) I don't really want to eat your old pet pig either if you raised it, named it, and have a file with the local vet on it. That's different from the ones raised to be eaten.
anything above normal hot/spicy.

Sister from another mother... :high5: :dance:

Is there anyone here who eats Steak tartare??? :twitch:
I love steak tartare. Not only that, but raw ground beef if it's high quality and very fresh.

Not much on my list of dislikes. Kale, Miracle whip, liver and other visceral stuff. And I am really surprised at how many don't like chicken fried steak!! :yum:

Oh yeah.... no oysters. What does Rose call them? Fried Loogies?

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I love steak tartare. Not only that, but raw ground beef if it's high quality and very fresh.

I've eaten plenty of both, served various ways, in Korea. Found all to be "oK" but don't go out of my way to eat that on my own initiative.

And I do love a good chicken fried steak!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I love steak tartare. Not only that, but raw ground beef if it's high quality and very fresh. Not much on my list of dislikes. Kale, Miracle whip, liver and other visceral stuff. And I am really surprised at how many don't like chicken fried steak!! :yum: Oh yeah.... no oysters. What does Rose call them? Fried Loogies?

No fried loogies! I do love me a good chicken fried stark and gravy on occasion! :yup: