what in the world is wrong with people???

pearlie369

UnStAbLe YeT sAfE
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060206/ap_on_re_us/funeral_protests

I am all for free speech, but this has gotten out of hand. A family can't even bury thier loved ones in peace! I am ashamed to be a part of this country if we cannot pay our respects and expect others to be respectful to the families at the same time?!!! What about a soliders family with kids? Are they to look at a protest sign and say God killed my mommy or daddy, because God hates americia. If you think God does hate americians because of our freedoms and is killing americians because the choices of others, then I say to you please leave, get out of my country. Go far away from us horrible horrible people before we pull you down with us. If you want your religion and beliefs to be pushed onto someone then please get on a boat, or plane and never return, go make a life for yourself where gays are not accepted. Oh yeah thats right, there is no such place!!!! Leave greiving families alone, realize that yes it is your right to protest, but out of respect do not torture the families that are trying so hard to pick up the peices and move on. Remember 2 things 1) YOU ARE NOT A GOOD PERSON IF YOU KICK SOMEONE WHEN THEY ARE DOWN 2)EVERYONE HAS RIGHTS NOT JUST THE RELIGIOUS, AND ONE OF OUR RIGHTS IS TO BURY AND BE BURIED IN A PEACEFUL, RESPECTFULL WAY.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Wow...

The protesters held signs reading, "Thank God for Dead Miners," "God Hates Your Tears" and "Miners in Hell," arguing that the miners' deaths were a sign of God's wrath at America for tolerating gays.

And...

holding signs that read "God Hates Fags" and "God Made IEDs," a reference to roadside bombs.

The church has about 75 members, most of them belonging to the extended family of Westboro Baptist's pastor, the Rev. Fred Phelps. The church is an independent congregation that preaches a literal reading of the Bible.

Can we start a Westboro cartoon competition?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
If the protesters don't like America's policies on homosexual tolerance, they are free to leave. :shrug:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
The church has about 75 members, most of them belonging to the extended family of Westboro Baptist's pastor, the Rev. Fred Phelps. The church is an independent congregation that preaches a literal reading of the Bible.
If they read the Bible literally, then they would not be doing this. This was a time for compassion.

As I have posted, there are lots of people in churches, ministers too, that are not Christian but only CINOs (Christian in name only).