What is Chesapeake Marketplace?

NOTSMC

It's probably been years ago but I thought I saw signs that said something like Chesapeake Antique Mall or something antique mall. I'm not sure if I've seen them recently since I seldom go over the bridge but is that the same place as Chesapeake Marketplace?

frequentflier

happy to be living
It's probably been years ago but I thought I saw signs that said something like Chesapeake Antique Mall or something antique mall. I'm not sure if I've seen them recently since I seldom go over the bridge but is that the same place as Chesapeake Marketplace?
In St Leonard, there is a two story building next to the Chesapeake auction house (now online) that is the Chesapeake Marketplace. There are many vendors there that sell antiques, collectibles, jewelry, household decorations, furniture, clothing, artwork, record albums and dvds and a lot of in between. A little of something for everyone. There are seperate buildings outdoors with homemade goods and crafts, plants, Nintendo stuff and a guy that sharpens and sells knives.
The Marketplace is open 10-5 Weds-Sun, the auction house Weds-Sat and the outdoor vendors set their own hours and are typically there on weekends.
I vend at four spaces and work there part time.
Anything else?

NOTSMC

In St Leonard, there is a two story building next to the Chesapeake auction house (now online) that is the Chesapeake Marketplace. There are many vendors there that sell antiques, collectibles, jewelry, household decorations, furniture, clothing, artwork, record albums and dvds and a lot of in between. A little of something for everyone. There are seperate buildings outdoors with homemade goods and crafts, plants, Nintendo stuff and a guy that sharpens and sells knives.
The Marketplace is open 10-5 Weds-Sun, the auction house Weds-Sat and the outdoor vendors set their own hours and are typically there on weekends.
I vend at four spaces and work there part time.
Anything else?
Yes, is it air conditioned? :hot: Doing lunch tomorrow at Solomons, was looking for a place to wander around afterwards. Thanks for responding.

NOTSMC

Part of the building is and part of it is not.
Upstairs was a sauna. Overwhelming amount of merchandise - we never got through all of it nor the booths outside. I can see me coming back though once it cools off and doing the entire thing especially at Christmas.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Upstairs was a sauna. Overwhelming amount of merchandise - we never got through all of it nor the booths outside. I can see me coming back though once it cools off and doing the entire thing especially at Christmas.
Yes, the place is huge and there is a lot to see. The upstairs is a sauna on days like today and two of my booths are on the side with no AC. The fans in them hardly help!

NOTSMC

Yes, the place is huge and there is a lot to see. The upstairs is a sauna on days like today and two of my booths are on the side with no AC. The fans in them hardly help!
If they have security cameras (and I'm sure they do), I'd be the one flapping her top up in down in front of a fan! Regardless of the heat, it was just a perfect day and Chesapeake Marketplace was a perfect way to spend it.

Was that your jewelry Christmas tree wall plaque hanging at the front of the store? When do they start to put on Christmas merchandise? The ladies that were running it told us about the open house, but I imagine they put stuff out earlier than that maybe? Or would it depend on the vender?

frequentflier

happy to be living
If they have security cameras (and I'm sure they do), I'd be the one flapping her top up in down in front of a fan! Regardless of the heat, it was just a perfect day and Chesapeake Marketplace was a perfect way to spend it.

Was that your jewelry Christmas tree wall plaque hanging at the front of the store? When do they start to put on Christmas merchandise? The ladies that were running it told us about the open house, but I imagine they put stuff out earlier than that maybe? Or would it depend on the vender?
Glad it was a good way to spend time! There is so much to see!
Not my plaque but I have made similar things with jewelry. There are probably 40 vendors and everyone does things at their own pace. There is one booth upstairs in the AC part that has some vintage Christmas stuff out. I will be putting fall and holiday merchandise out when the weather breaks a bit. I cannot get a lot done upstairs when it is this hot!

NOTSMC

Glad it was a good way to spend time! There is so much to see!
Not my plaque but I have made similar things with jewelry. There are probably 40 vendors and everyone does things at their own pace. There is one booth upstairs in the AC part that has some vintage Christmas stuff out. I will be putting fall and holiday merchandise out when the weather breaks a bit. I cannot get a lot done upstairs when it is this hot!
They were all beautiful pieces that I saw yesterday; I would imagine that I saw your booth in passing. That's got to be an expensive hobby; the amount of costume jewelry was spectacular and a lot of different pieces would be pricey. How do you decide what to cut up - I'd be thinking of the history of it, wondering who wore it'; who gave it to them....I'd have a hard time cutting it up but I could have spent the whole day just looking at that - it was like raiding my grandmother's jewelry box when I was a kid.

Does anyone over there do this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/944597...m2AGqht3JOQ_Jc6XXhkcdfkf8ec7tfvBoCP-MQAvD_BwE

There are so many imaginative things to do with that - I was thinking that it would be a good small thing for an upcoming anniversary.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If they have security cameras (and I'm sure they do), I'd be the one flapping her top up in down in front of a fan!
eekjawdrop.gif

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
you goofball!

What's your recipe for crabcakes; your's always look perfect. In fact, if I bring over my $45.00 a pound lump crabmeat; could you make them into crabcakes, cook them for me, let me pick them up and claim credit for them?

And while you're at it, could you make a peach cobbler for me?

TIA. luv ya!
:killingme
sure..I'll drop what I'm doing (rebuilding one of my Rusty Boat TrailersTM to carry my new Goddard crab skiff) and I'll get right to cookin'...