What is Chesapeake Marketplace?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

back in the day, I was a ring guy there.... while Larry was jibberjabbering "gimeee threethreethree, how bout fourfittyfittyfitty, "

I'd be sayin my best lines...you may have heard em...

"hey hey hey"..."number 234 Larry 2-3-4...", and my best line, "sold to number 67 6-7 Larry"

Actually, Larry sucked hard as an auctioneer. Prior to Larry running, (destroying), the auction, Steve was an excellent auctioneer. Larry always had a tendency to berate/scold customers/bidders from the podium, as well as to interject religion. Larry also so alienated, and pissed off, customers, that they never returned, as well a pissing off consignors. I imagine that he hasn't changed at all.

NOTSMC

Does anyone happen to know if they have Christmas stuff up yet? I'm looking more for vintage pieces...think bubble candles (traditional red/green/orange), putz cardboard houses (or reproduction), Shiny Brite glass ornaments, tabletop Santas, flocked deer, bottlebrush trees etc.

Thanks in advance.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Does anyone happen to know if they have Christmas stuff up yet? I'm looking more for vintage pieces...think bubble candles (traditional red/green/orange), putz cardboard houses (or reproduction), Shiny Brite glass ornaments, tabletop Santas, flocked deer, bottlebrush trees etc.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, Christmas is in full swing with most vendors. Open Weds-Sun 10-5 but closed for Thanksgiving. Christmas open house is Dec 2 and 3.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Alright! Got money and someone to go with that will pay for lunch! Thank you!
During the open house, we have snackie foods and soft drinks, etc.
I will be working Saturday the 2nd but probably not Sunday; though I will likely be there. They like the vendors to attend and meet the customers and help out.

NOTSMC

During the open house, we have snackie foods and soft drinks, etc.
I will be working Saturday the 2nd but probably not Sunday; though I will likely be there. They like the vendors to attend and meet the customers and help out.
I love it when antique stores do that. I'll probably miss it though; I don't think Lee's not big on weekend shopping.