What is it with

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Horse Shows and competitions ALWAYS being on Sundays. Our church does not get over until noon. Why do they not hold the competitions on a Saturday? Just curious. First thing that comes to mind is they don't feel that church is important or a waste of time. There has to be a better reason.

Sparks

Horse Shows and competitions ALWAYS being on Sundays. Our church does not get over until noon. Why do they not hold the competitions on a Saturday? Just curious. First thing that comes to mind is they don't feel that church is important or a waste of time. There has to be a better reason.

Not all are. Some are several days long. Some are on Saturday. Seems like most schooling shows are on Sunday though. I'd prefer Saturday if I had a choice. I'd like a day of rest before I have to go back to work.

Eventer29

I would prefer saturday shows if i didnt have to work that day. Our shows are on sunday because sis and i both work saturdays. I dont figure church isnt important or a waste of time. I find God listens to me just fine from the back of a horse though. At least "Please God dont let me die" seems to have worked, either that or luck. Of course there is always a "Thank you God!!!" at the end of my scarier classes. lol

Last edited:
W

WhoCares

There are some Saturday shows like Free State during show season.

The one thing I don't like about Sunday shows is the next day I have to work. I am usually sunburned, and exhausted.

showqueen74

I prefer the Sunday shows, gives me a chance to get the horse all done up and ready. After all, getting a horse ready for showmanship is an 8 hour grooming job. Vicky

WWWDD

What Would Winn Dixie Do?
There are a couple shows on Saturdays, I think they're mostly dressage shows or events though. I like multi-day shows, but they sure do drain you though.

F

finickyfilly

I just think it is more convienent to have them on Sundays rather then on Saturdays.

swansong

I would prefer saturday shows if i didnt have to work that day. Our shows are on sunday because sis and i both work saturdays. I dont figure church isnt important or a waste of time. I find God listens to me just fine from the back of a horse though. At least "Please God dont let me die" seems to have worked, either that or luck. Of course there is always a "Thank you God!!!" at the end of my scarier classes. lol

I say that prayer every day of the week and mean it with every ounce of my being. I also thank God when I step off (VS the flying type dismount).

Unbelievable

Spay and Neuter Your Pets

As my mother always said, you don't have to gather in a group to let God know you care.:howdy:God hears you just as well if you're on horseback or in a closet (as she would say). Absolutely nothing wrong with organized religion (IMO), but choosing a horse show over church does not mean anyone is saying church is a waste of time. In fact, being out with people, horses and nature is an affirmation of how wonderful life can be!:buddies:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
As my mother always said, you don't have to gather in a group to let God know you care.:howdy:God hears you just as well if you're on horseback or in a closet (as she would say). Absolutely nothing wrong with organized religion (IMO), but choosing a horse show over church does not mean anyone is saying church is a waste of time. In fact, being out with people, horses and nature is an affirmation of how wonderful life can be!:buddies:

I have lived in FL, TX, and WA, and this was the first place I came to that had their schooling shows on Sunday. I was shocked! Of course I asked many people why. Some of the responses I received were....
FL is in the Bible belt that is why you don't have shows there on Sunday. I also was told that up here you have so many lesson barns that teach lessons on Saturday that it is bad for business to have the shows on Saturday. I would have had HP's shows on Saturday, but the lesson program run on that day so we have the business conflict. Maybe that is mainly why.....

W

WhoCares

so what if I'm a little OCD when it comes to grooming and shows!?!?

A LITTLE. :killingme:smoochy:

(I should talk, I am the one that bought my horse a shoulder gaurd so he wouldn't lose his hair on his shoulders, and I groom him almost everyday)

showqueen74

A LITTLE. :killingme:smoochy:

(I should talk, I am the one that bought my horse a shoulder gaurd so he wouldn't lose his hair on his shoulders, and I groom him almost everyday)

wait til next season when I go OCD on him- Remember you asked me to get that one white of his WHITE!