What is the best investments ?

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
I have a little extra loot and wanted to know what my options are as far as investments. Stocks, IRA, Money Markets, 401k, Land, Gold, What's a good return these days and what's working? Different brokers are saying different things.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
I have a little extra loot and wanted to know what my options are as far as investments. Stocks, IRA, Money Markets, 401k, Land, Gold, What's a good return these days and what's working? Different brokers are saying different things.

That's about as open ended as an investment question can be! :lmao:

Honestly, I'd suggest throwing your money in a savings account until you have time to do some reading and can make a solid choice for yourself.

Alternatively, if you own a house, check current rates and refinance if it's warranted, or make a large payment toward the principal.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

nothing is really returning much of anything. best bet now-a-days is actually gold. Since the US dollar is declining in value, buy some gold and when the dollar loses its value (lets say 50% for example) then in the example, you will have doubled your money :yay: (the only flaw I see, and I have never understood this...who wants to buy the gold back from you after the dollar isn't worth much?)

I just took the safe way and went with a medium-yeild savings account until the CD's start getting higher rates :shrug:

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
That's about as open ended as an investment question can be! :lmao:

Honestly, I'd suggest throwing your money in a savings account until you have time to do some reading and can make a solid choice for yourself.

Alternatively, if you own a house, check current rates and refinance if it's warranted, or make a large payment toward the principal.

My home is paid for and I have no credit cards or car payments. And I have an ING account. Money just sitting their and I'm clameing the intrest as income that they give me give me on my taxes every year.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
My home is paid for and I have no credit cards or car payments. And I have an ING account. Money just sitting their and I'm clameing the intrest as income that they give me give me on my taxes every year.

Great position to be in. :yay: I'm assuming your at/near retirement age?

Well, I'd say let the money sit for a bit while you study up on investing. No hurry right? :shrug: May as well learn about the stuff intead of paying a broke-r :lol:

Buy stock in oil companies.

R

RadioPatrol

90% Silver Bags - stock up for a rainy day ....

24-hour Spot Chart - Silver

24-hour Spot Chart - Gold

Precious Metals Spot Prices, Gold spot price, Silver spot price and other market information - Goldline International

Unless you have 10k or more you probably don't have a lot to get into Gold Right Now ..... Precious Metals are a long term investment anyhow ... if things get worse , like a recession / depression .... that bag of silver coins maybe buying your family food ..........

and "Collectible Coins" are not, "silver coins for a rainy day" good investment

if you have to "spend" some rare coin to put food on the table, your not going to get rare coin value, but silver content value ... most coins are between 75 - 90 % silver

Last edited by a moderator:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

I changed my mind. With your current complaints, I suggest you donate all of your hard-earned cash to the local Police, Fire, and EMS departments. If you want to see things changed, why not contribute?

:yay:

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
90% Silver Bags - stock up for a rainy day ....

24-hour Spot Chart - Silver

24-hour Spot Chart - Gold

Precious Metals Spot Prices, Gold spot price, Silver spot price and other market information - Goldline International

Unless you have 10k or more you probably don't have a lot to get into Gold Right Now ..... Precious Metals are a long term investment anyhow ... if things get worse , like a recession / depression .... that bag of silver coins maybe buying your family food ..........

and "Collectible Coins" are not, "silver coins for a rainy day" good investment

if you have to "spend" some rare coin to put food on the table, your not going to get rare coin value, but silver content value ... most coins are between 75 - 90 % silver

Ticker symbol: GLD Problem solved.

BTW, most estimates are that gold is only going up to about $1000 an ounce or so. Time to buy would've been a year back when it was 300 an ounce, not today at $900+.

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
Thanks to all for your input i will keep it in mind and I will be watching Suzan Orman and Cramer / Mad Money.