What is there to do?

Beta

Smile!
Hi! Our oldest daughter is doing her last semester of college online from home this fall. Other than doing school work and a few other things, like looking for a part time job, she has nothing much fun to do. What do other young singles in this area do for fun and socializing? She isn't a drinker so hanging out at bars isn't much of an option. She'd like to meet others in her age range (21).

Any ideas? Thanks!
Does she have friends? Usually other than the meetups, sports leagues, or other community organizations (somd.com main page lists some of the events on the calendar), the remaining options I can think of are meeting up with classmates, coworkers, and friends. Then you just make your own fun. It's not that easy around here. There's always the forums and the occasional Friday meet and greets. That's how I started finding things to do. :shrug:

You can still go to a bar and not drink. :shrug:

At least I've heard this anyways.
:roflmao:

:nono:

Thank you for the additional ideas. She is very queasy about seeing blood and/or needles, so the rescue squad won't work. She also doesn't have an athletic bone in her body! She does like to work out though, but monthly gym fees are pretty pricey. �� ugh! Good news! She just got a call a few minutes ago about a job interview, so maybe that will work out and help fill up some of her time. Thanks again!

For gym/workouts, sometimes you can do individual classes at the gym so it's cheaper overall (if you don't go much). I don't know if you're military or not, but if she's a dependent there's always the gym on base.

Disco Stu

Shut Up Little Man!!!!
Hi! Our oldest daughter is doing her last semester of college online from home this fall. Other than doing school work and a few other things, like looking for a part time job, she has nothing much fun to do. What do other young singles in this area do for fun and socializing? She isn't a drinker so hanging out at bars isn't much of an option. She'd like to meet others in her age range (21).

Any ideas? Thanks!

Do what the locals do... go to Calvert Cliffs and watch the soil erode

slowlane

Any ideas? Thanks!

This forum takes in a 3-county region. Please specify what town or community your daughter is in.