What Made You a Republican or Democrat?

B

Bruzilla

Don't forget the ever popular "there was a cop car parked out front of the voting place and I felt intimidated" disenfranchisment.:biggrin:

You also had to love the "I thought I was voting for Gore but goofed and voted for Buchanon" BS. Buchanon's share of the vote was right about where he was polling before the election, so if all these thousands of voters goofed how come Buchanon's numbers weren't much, much, higher?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sorry we ventured here because I'm still not over it and now I'm :burning: all over again.

Once the Florida polling is down to the wire, suddenly all these people come out of the woodwork, concerned that they didn't vote for the person they meant to. Looked good to them when the ballot was actually in front of them and they turned it in. Then, days later, they decide they must not have done it right? Give me a friggin' break. :duh:

Then the Dems try to change the election laws in the middle of a count, and get mad when the Supreme Court says no?

And they had the NERVE to try and throw out overseas military votes that were perfectly legal and legitimate?

I get irritated by screaming Democrats claiming that Bush "stole" the election. I think it's pretty obvious who was trying to do the stealing here.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by vraiblonde
But it IS the point. If some guy complains about police brutality, and the cops issue a statement saying that it never happened, do you just consider them both at fault and forget it? NO! You try to find the truth.

The Dems can accuse the Reps of intimidating voters all they want but there was never a shred of evidence that it, in fact, happened. They trotted out a few black people to say that the polls were closed by the time they got there and THAT'S what "disenfranchised" them, not a KKK presence. There was even one black guy that got on and said the number of white people at the polls "intimidated" him so he didn't vote. :rolleyes:

However, there were dozens of people who came forward and said they were paid for their Dem vote. Dem activist groups even admitted they trolled the slums and gave people cigarettes and rides to the polling place, bought them lunch, slipped 'em a ten, etc. The activists tried to say that they were only "giving to the homeless" like they always do. But the fact remains that the reason they were there in the first place was to drum up votes for the Dems.

Truth is important.

I like your response. Of course truth is important. My point is that how can one political party have any credibility as a truth-bearer regarding the shenanigans of the other party? The parties make it their business to criticize one another, so there's no way they can be considered unbiased sources. And that's what I wanted and couldn't find during Florida 2000--a truly unbiased source for what was going on. CNN or Fox? :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Tonio
And that's what I wanted and couldn't find during Florida 2000--a truly unbiased source for what was going on. CNN or Fox?
Both actually DID report what was happening. But then they trotted out the "experts" to tell you what you just heard and put their spin on it. If you listened to the actual news and ignored the commentary, you understood just fine what was going on.

ceo_pte

Originally posted by Tonio
I like your response. Of course truth is important. My point is that how can one political party have any credibility as a truth-bearer regarding the shenanigans of the other party? The parties make it their business to criticize one another, so there's no way they can be considered unbiased sources. And that's what I wanted and couldn't find during Florida 2000--a truly unbiased source for what was going on. CNN or Fox? :lol:

Not CNN -> Clinton News Network :biggrin:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Use your own...

...mind.

a truly unbiased source for what was going on

Election night it was obvious that things were very, very close in Florida. The Gore people got the margins they counted on and then some, precinct by precinct. The Bush people got the margins they wanted and then some.

So, absent ANY news source, save the unanimous reporting of everyone election night, Bush won and it was VERY, VERY close.

Intellectually, we all know it was very, very close and Bush won. End of story. The rest is editorials.

To this day, Democrats BELIEVE that not only did their man win, but there is no way in hell it could be close because then they'd have to admit the possibility, however remote, that Bush MIGHT have won. Has ANYONE heard a "W stole it!" type Democrat admit that Bush MIGHT have won?

This state of denial, the stolen election, the impossibility of defeat is the root of all the Bush bashing and Nazi slinging and Howard the Fart zealotry.

Most people hate losing but look forward to another chance and plan on how they might do better in order to win.

The Democratic party is lost in a sea of rage that fixates on one thing: The clear Al Gore landslide victory that was stolen by Bush.

It is beyond comical and in the end only sad that this guy, Gore, who they KNOW won, is not even a candidate now.

"Our guy was robbed! We don't want him either!"

:confused: