what make-up do you use.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Im thinking about wearing make-up again...i stopped for the longest time because my face would break out like crazy so i just gave up and went natural well im thinking about it again and wanted to know which products do you lovely ladies use. I wanna say i have oil/dry skin it depends on the soap i use and weather. TIA:howdy:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
I like Bare Minerals, but need more coverage. I like Mac Foundation.
MAC just came out with a mineral based foundation.

I have been using it. To be honest I don't see a difference in either product so for me I will probably just use both.

However I will use and LOVE Bare Minerals Primer. That stuff is amazing.

I was using MAC until a few months ago, now I use Bare Minerals. I like both...MAC definitely gives more coverage but BM is really light, looks more natural and still gives a good amount of coverage (I think so anyway).

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I have a little bit of redness and I have tried bare minerals and i couldnt see a diff. Maybe i didnt put enough on

theres a little bit of an art to putting on bare minerals..you have to use the right brush..i like the really tight smaller concealer type brush for putting on foundation..the bigger brushes spread it around and you don't get the same coverage.

I found the best thing to do for makeup is have good skin, and philosophy products have made a big diff for my skin, and when my skin is nice, all makeup goes on better.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
I have a little bit of redness and I have tried bare minerals and i couldnt see a diff. Maybe i didnt put enough on
Use a primer. I found I had the same issue, once I started using Primer. Bam makeup looked awesome without wearing a ton. The primer makes my skin feel super smooth too makeup just seems to hold better.

star777

Im thinking about wearing make-up again...i stopped for the longest time because my face would break out like crazy so i just gave up and went natural well im thinking about it again and wanted to know which products do you lovely ladies use. I wanna say i have oil/dry skin it depends on the soap i use and weather. TIA:howdy:

I have sensitive skin also. I have found Physicians Formula concealer stick and Physicians Formula Mineral Wear powder work. But I also use Neutrogena products, the Neutrogena Healthy Skin liquid foundation works well on top of the Physicians Formula concealer (I use the concealer as a full face primer). Then I use the powder on top to reduce the shine. To reduce breakouts, I was told to use products labeled "non-comedogenic".

doubtfull24

I really like bare minerals as well. I use summer bisque as an all over full face coverage and it works well as I have light freckles and it covers them completely. I also love mac M·A·C 'Studio Fix' Powder Plus Foundation it is a one step full coverage no primer needed but a little more heavy as in full coverage. I also like Dr.Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm.. It is more sheer but I love it if you want coverage but not to heavy and it gives you a glow.

I also like lady who does beauty brodcasts on you tube.. She does make-up reviews which I like.

Beauty Broadcast - YouTube

Another I like is

*Ashley* Denver Fashion & Beauty Girl - YouTube

Last edited:

Sweet 16

^^8^^
I have been using Clinique for over 20 years and love it. It's not cheap but I stopped buying the makeup remover (Walmart has the same stuff for about 1/5th the price) and I use drugstore mascara and eyeliner now. Toner, foundation, powder, blush eyeshadow and lipstick are all Clinique though. Wears well and doesn't make me break out.

Im_Me

I just got one of those department store makeup counter ambush things using Bobbi Brown makeup. I liked the concealer and the Bobbi cream. The cream is a mix between a tinted moisturizer and a foundation. Good light coverage.

Mostly I just use drugstore make-up, but I mix in some department store stuff too.

havingfun

Almay Primer

Has anyone tried this yet? I just saw it advertised this morning. It's like a green and lavender lotion.

KDENISE977

I'm somewhat of a make up whore. I used to use Mary Kay only, then when i was pregnant it made my face break out. So I switched to Bare Minerals for mineral foundation, liked it, and just to try it I got some avon from someone at work.. I honestly can't tell the difference in the mineral foundations(Avon vs Bare Minerals). You def. need to have the right shade and use either a mineral veil or primer. As for my eyes, I don't care for MAC, I have Bare Minerals for mascara and eyeliner which is great. Eyeshadow boxes are from smashbox. See...told you, makeup whore. :killingme

drivingdaisy

I'm somewhat of a make up whore. I used to use Mary Kay only, then when i was pregnant it made my face break out. So I switched to Bare Minerals for mineral foundation, liked it, and just to try it I got some avon from someone at work.. I honestly can't tell the difference in the mineral foundations(Avon vs Bare Minerals). You def. need to have the right shade and use either a mineral veil or primer. As for my eyes, I don't care for MAC, I have Bare Minerals for mascara and eyeliner which is great. Eyeshadow boxes are from smashbox. See...told you, makeup whore. :killingme

I have 3 different brands of black eyeliner, 1 green, 1 blue green, 1 gold, and 1 purple eyeliner (all different brands) along with 4 different mascaras in my make up case. I think makeup is fun. Well as long as I have the time to play with it.

How did you like the Avon? I have never used their mineral make-up...

I am the same way... I have so many different brands and colors of eyeshadow that it started overflowing into my husband's drawer. :lol:

Whenever I come home with new make-up he just shakes his head ...

KDENISE977

How did you like the Avon? I have never used their mineral make-up...

I am the same way... I have so many different brands and colors of eyeshadow that it started overflowing into my husband's drawer. :lol:

Whenever I come home with new make-up he just shakes his head ...

I'm pleasantly suprised with the Avon. I didn't think I'd like it as much as the Bare Minerals, but I can't see a large difference. I also got their eye quads last week that I haven't even opened yet. Don't get me started on the tons and tons of different, M/K, Oil of Olay, Aveeno, lotions and cleansers and makeup remover cleansing towels, now those I didn't find anywhere but Avon. And, I get the little guy baby roll on scented soaps from Avon, they're $1.00 and they are so cute.