What makes you say Oh Yeah?.....

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
morganj614 said:
Mine got hers from Jesus' momma
:shocking: Oh my damn! Well, "Whoopie-Gob" sounds better than "Gob-Whoopie" anyway. Kinda like "Ethel Lu's" and "Lucy Eth's." :lmao:

SeaRide

4th of July BangBang (shotguns, dynamites and m-80s)

smell of muck at low tide

porch swing in the evening

the sight of rabbit track in the snow

take down tobacco and pack 'em at night by the woodstove with an old man talking about good ole' days

rotten strawberry fights

mudball fights

snowball fights

throw cowpies - dry or wet

smell of grandmaw's homemade biscuits

drinking warm milk after milking the cows before sunrise

watching two big fat possums fighting it's way out of the barrel

float fishing down the mountain river

loggin .. sight of big tall timber falling slowly

the smell after plowing the field in the spring

ride the bike after repair (parts from junkyard/landfill)

watch the sunset and the moonrise while paddling

the first walk in deep snow

watch the fog disappear from the lake/bay/mountain

smell of wood in my Dad's woodshop

ring the old bell by the barn

Tomcat

Anytime
Tigerlily said:
To all the kids who survived the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
As a survivor of the 50's on up :yeahthat: :cheers:
*Stick ball on the front street in the summer and touch football in the fall
*Isley's Skyscraper Ice Cream Cone (they had a special scoop that was like a pointed cone about 6" tall)
*Grandfather taking me to Pittsburgh Pirates ball games at Forbes Field
*Dad's 1965 Mustang GT coupe :yay:

OldHillcrestGuy

Duckpin bowling, Shakey's Pizza District Hgts., Dino's in Suitland, Gino's Hambuger places, finding nice dark spot in a apartment project parking lot for a little 'neckin' in Hillcrest or Marlow Hgts. try doing that now. Remembering Waldorf with only 2 stoplights. Gas at 23 cents, Exxon's which use to be Esso gas stations with scratch offs called tiggerama that had different amounts of money like maybe 8 cents or 10 cents you could put toward your gas purchase, I remember having like about 40 cents worth of them once and using only them once to buy my gas so that my buddies and I could cruise around some more that evening got almost a gallon and hallf of gas.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Birthday parties at Farrells! :dance: I had the crap scared out of me every time they came out carrying that BEASTLY tub of ice cream on the stretcher, with the whistles and sirens blaring!! :yikes:

CMC122

Go Braves!
K_Jo said:
Birthday parties at Farrells! :dance: I had the crap scared out of me every time they came out carrying that BEASTLY tub of ice cream on the stretcher, with the whistles and sirens blaring!! :yikes:
Yes! That place was the bomb!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
K_Jo said:

:yeahthat:
I was just looking for a link, but couldn't find one.

OldHillcrestGuy

If we all loved Butter Brickle ice cream whats happened to it? Closest I can find is by Friendly's think its called Butter Cream. Where is there still Duckpin Lanes, last I knew about was Suitland, once Curly's closed in Waldorf.