What not to pick...

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
sounds like maybe it's not O'Brien Realty who is the problem. Maybe it's YOUR realtor.

I know the staff and manager in the Charlotte Hall O'Brien office and they are great. By far the most helpful agents I have ever met, and I've dealt with quite a few in the last 11 years.

If it is your agent, you can be sure he/she isn't going to tell you he/she is a fruitcake. :duh: Maybe you should call the O'Brien agents and inquire for yourself what the problems are before jumping to conclusions about them being the problem just because your agent says they are. :bubble:

We used Betty Brown out of O'Brien's Waldork office. She was GREAT. Bent over backwards for us. Gave me and my buddy (who set me up with her) gift cert. for Outback. She will ge my business next time I move (assuming I do, and that she is still around).

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by huntr1
Gave me and my buddy (who set me up with her) gift cert. for Outback.

Not to burst your bubble but I think it's common that realators give gifts to clients who make purchases.

crabcake

Originally posted by tys_mommy
Not to burst your bubble but I think it's common that realators give gifts to clients who make purchases.

it is common (like a courtesy, since you will be paying on the $8K or so commission you just paid them through the sale of the house for the next 30 years :really:), but some of them aren't 'up' on the courtesies and don't know/don't do it :ohwell:

I will definately go back to O'Brien in the future. I think that F2B's problem was with his/her own realtor, personally :bubble: O'Brien wouldn't be in business like they are if they had problems in all their offices. One screwball agent here or there I could see, but not the entire company (since they do pretty well) :ohwell:

Snow Shovel

Veronica K at O'Brien's was the agent I wound up with. I was very happy with her work; professional, intelligent, hard working. I got a house that was everything I wanted. Couldn't be happier.

Before I found Veronica, I was working with a drama queen at Long and Fosters, up next to the KMart. Won't go into some of this woman's antics, but it was a waste of my time.

Guess a whole lot of this real estate agent stuff has to do with personality, and so is hard to predict. Just be careful if your agent is popping Prozac.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Now I'm totally confused. You had a bad experience with a realtor at O'Brien, now we find out that realtor is your brother. So if he was being a rude jerk, why didn't you just tell your Mom or something? Also, it's SOP for realtors to not get into each others' deals, even to answer a question.

Anyway, when I bought my house I used Lorrie Garner from O'Brien. Liked her so much I used her again when I sold it.

crabcake

Originally posted by Fade2Black

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

okay, so don't use O'Brien :ohwell: just frees them up for the rest of us who like their service.

why would someone use a realtor so often? ... gee, let me take a stab in the dark at this one ... to buy or sell houses? :shrug:

now I know why Bulldawg or DW was calling me cupcake ... maybe I should change my name again. do I need a realtor to do that too? :ohwell:

Yeah, I know that realtors give gifts after selling you a house. But she didn't have to give one to my buddy. He used to work with her grandson, so he called the G.S. and got her info for me. He has never even met her. Just saying that it was a cool move on her part to include him, since he sent me to her. She could have always just given me the entire gift cert., we probably would have invited them anyway.
The main part of my post was that she was a great realtor. We were living in Frederick when we were house shopping down here. I would call her on Friday and let her know we were coming down on Saturday, and she would have a stack of houses for us to review and then go see.