What to do?

Cowgirl

I found this

If your hair is both fine and thin or thinning (sparse):

Stylists say a short cut best, but how short is too short? This depends largely on your facial shape. If it's round, go with a longer, short cut to slenderize your face. If it's elongated, create the illusion of width with fullness at bottom. If it's diamond-shaped, keep the length below widest part of your face. Of course, there are plenty of times you'll want to break these old rules, which were created to "downplay flaws." If you've got confidence and attitude, you can even look great highlighting a feature that has been traditionally downplayed.

Wear your hair smooth and close to your head, with the ends flipped up or under. Try cuts that were intended to be worn behind your ears. This naturally makes it look like you've got more hair.

Ask your stylist about variations on the Cap, Bowl and Crop cuts. Consider what bangs bring to the table, besides concealing a sparse, irregular front hairline. When the back is cropped super-short and the long front "bang" area is worn close to your head, you can go for a smooth style or add a few layers for texture. Imagine a cut with all the hair from crown brushed forward and cut into heavy bangs. You can trim the sides around your ears, leave wispy sideburns or let bangs continue into a softened bowl cut. A good stylist can blend the best elements of each of these cuts.

An asymmetric style makes it look like you have more hair. The cut stacks up on the heavy side and lighter side is supposed to look like less. Tuck the lighter side behind your ear and all that fullness on heavier side stands out even more.

The cardinal rule is "kept simple." Consider a short cut that does not require much volume, or a longer look that gets its kick from a smooth, shiny surface.

If like a longer look, get trims religiously. Fine hair looks its worst when it starts to lose the shape of the cut and the first sign is straggly, ragged ends.

LINK

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
cattitude said:
I just wanted to see if you put me on iggy. :huggy:

Honestly, I dunno. I'd definitely cut it above the shoulders though. I'd think those hairstyles would work better with thick hair. I'd have to sorta play with her hair to get an idea of what would work...you know..how the hair "wants" to lay, etc.

My hair is very thin thanks to baby #2. I had the nicest thickest hair my whole life and then kaboom! Anyway, I play around with doing this just for effect once in a while and it really does look good. I just don't have time to do my hair daily. I wear it up M-F unless I have a BIG meeting or something.

The best advice is to go to a good stylist and let them give you suggestions.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
BuddyLee said:
That'll be me for sure one day. This spikey-fro gel is going to kill my hair one of these days.:roflmao:
BL: I just want you to know that I think it's cute when you post in the girlie threads. :huggy:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
BadGirl said:
I am so jealous of women who have thick luxurious hair. :bawl:
Don't be. I have thick, naturally curly hair. I can't wear it up because it takes 300,000 bobby pins to hold it and the weight of the hair gives me headaches. I hate wearing it down because it's hot as shiat on the back of my neck. The only thing that works for me is low ponytails.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Just to provide input - those are some cool haircuts :yay: Very bold, but very chic appeal... The same thought runs through my mind on any hair thread - or conversation - about cuts/styles - "It'll always grow back" :shrug: