What type are you?

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Would you rather camp with a tent, camp in a cabin and bathroom, or sleep in a hotel or camper? If you don't have a bathroom do you have to dig a hole? Do you like to camp where the horses have stalls and/or paddocks to be in or do you like making your own stall? Where is your favorite place to camp? I am curious.

I grew up camping with my family. I have many found memories of canoeing and swimming in the creek with the horses and ponies. We camped in a tent while my mom slept in the horse trailer. It was a hike to the bathroom, but there was A/C and hot showers there. The horses had stalls, paddocks, and even a couple of pastures to stay in. There were miles and miles of trails too. Is there any place like that around here?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
At shows I like to stay near the stalls to check on the horses and have easy access..but I like to sleep in my living quarters with a bathroom, AC and a shower stall..oh and a fridge..I really dont like having to travel back and forth to a motel...does that answer your question??

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Pasofever said:
At shows I like to stay near the stalls to check on the horses and have easy access..but I like to sleep in my living quarters with a bathroom, AC and a shower stall..oh and a fridge..I really dont like having to travel back and forth to a motel...does that answer your question??
Well...actually I meant when you went camping, not to horse shows. A fridge and A/C are great aren't they?

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
Camping is not my idea of a fun weekend. :lol: But if I have to go I'd rather have a cabin or trailer with a bathroom and shower (and electricity and maybe a TV and laptop too :lol:) than sleep in a tent.

Tazgirl

I enjoy the tent part and getting together at night around the camp fire, but I really do prefer a bathroom and private showers........yep I am a wus!!!!

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Sadielady said:
Would you rather camp with a tent, camp in a cabin and bathroom, or sleep in a hotel or camper? If you don't have a bathroom do you have to dig a hole? Do you like to camp where the horses have stalls and/or paddocks to be in or do you like making your own stall? Where is your favorite place to camp? I am curious.

I grew up camping with my family. I have many found memories of canoeing and swimming in the creek with the horses and ponies. We camped in a tent while my mom slept in the horse trailer. It was a hike to the bathroom, but there was A/C and hot showers there. The horses had stalls, paddocks, and even a couple of pastures to stay in. There were miles and miles of trails too. Is there any place like that around here?

In Hancock MD there is an awesome place to go camping with your horses. It is called Happy Hills Camp Grounds . They have 20 stalls and you can choose between renting one of their cabins, or take a tent, RV or our favorite is sleeping in the nose of our gooseneck. Our horsetrailer is a stock combo so having the tackroom makes it nice. They have a nice bathhouse and it is within close proximty. They have a trail that goes into the town, with a river along the way that you can cross to the other side. They also have a trail that goes along and into the mountains. We went there last year and it was a blast.

Cowgirl

I love to camp.....we have a tent with an air mattress. We don't really rough it though...the sites have water hook ups, and some offer electric. We can walk to a bath house for showers and toilets. We go in NC....Kerr Lake. It's heaven. I'd rather go camping at the lake for vacation instead of a beachfront resort. :shrug:

We had a pop-up camper when I was younger. I'd love to get one someday...they're great. My mom has an RV now, and it's kinda cheating....not really camping. I can understand wanting one when you get older though.

I've never camped with horses, but if I did, I'd like to be close by.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Just got back from 3days at Grave's Mountain riding. We basically rough camp. There are no facilities except water and porta potties. So my rig has a LQ in it. I have city hookup so when I go to Hancock I'm good to go. But otherwise I carry a 25 gallon water tank and I have a flow jet pump that pumps water to the trailer. I also use it for horse water. I also carry a honda 3000 generator that runs water heater and ac/heat strip, micro wave. Have awning to sit under. So I like my little horse camper. :huggy: :lmao: I carry a 12 x12 portable corral panel for the horse. I started out with a stock trailer and froze my ass off a few times in the mountains. So I just moved up on up until I bought the one I have. There was great riding at Grave's this weekend and a nice thunder storm to boot. I think we may head to Hancock soon. :howdy:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Sadielady said:
Well...actually I meant when you went camping, not to horse shows. A fridge and A/C are great aren't they?

Nebbermind...I never went camping with the horses...I have a gas stove but I think it is broked..at least I say it is broked.. :whistle:

FrmGrl

Get some!
I personally like my little RV. It has all that I need including clean shower and potty!! My hubby and I drove across country in one and had a blast. Most of the RV camps are very nice and have hot showers too. PS Sadie empty your PM folder. You are full! :howdy:

K

Katie

I don't mind camping at all, but I need the air mattress otherwise everything hurts to much.

At horse shows I have slept in the tack stall.

Robin

I can remember camping in tents what left behind experiences and they can stay there.. and the wonderful pop-up campers 60's technology had to arrive hours before dark to get it set up to sleep in.. I now enjoy the 28 ft fully loaded camper or the gooseneck w Queen size bed..ac/heat porta potty. #1 Preference. Hilton, Sheraton I am less tolerent, to outside wildlife trying to welcome themselves to my little space, ants, spiders, snakes skunks or bigger growling critters that bite...

Amy

We just got back from camping - did not take horses though. We slept in a tent. I had a cot. The campground had hot showers and flushing toilets. I have camped before with port a pots and cold showers but that was an exception to the rule.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
The first time I ever went camping without horses is with my husband's family in WA state. It was the strangest feeling to camp without horses....almost boring. Non horse people have a difficult time relating sometimes to us. That one place in MD sounds like what I would enjoy. I may have to try that sometime soon. How far away is it? I will have to go reread the place (Huntingtown?).

Tonia

I loooooove camping! The best place that I've ever camped at was Yosemite National Park and my second favorite was the Anorandack Mountains(sp?) I prefer the tent option and will squat in the woods if I have to. I am camping this August for the Bristol (nascar) race. I cant wait.

K

KizerSoSay

I love to camp, in a cabin. Something about the woods at night is very grounding.. But, I need comfort- mattress, electricity, running water, etc.

Eventer29

I'd love to go camping withthe horses. I love camping out in a tent, all I need is a good book, maybe a portable cdplayer/radio. No TV or anything needed. A decent bathroom is quite nice, and showers. Has anyone been camping at Antitem (sp?) w/ w/out horses?

showqueen74

I've never camped out with my horse. I know that she's done it, being an ex endurancer and all. The kind of camping I do is hike it all in, and hike it all out. If I can't cary it, I don't need it! the furthest I've hiked in is 9 miles to camp. That was in WA State, where have the state is parks, but where is there to do that kind of stuff around here?

Loper

Animal Poor!
showqueen74 said:
I've never camped out with my horse. I know that she's done it, being an ex endurancer and all. The kind of camping I do is hike it all in, and hike it all out. If I can't cary it, I don't need it! the furthest I've hiked in is 9 miles to camp. That was in WA State, where have the state is parks, but where is there to do that kind of stuff around here?

I got a lovely head shot of Flurry. I am still going through pics from Sunday and haven't gotten them up on my website yet.