What was your first "Good" or "Fun" car?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My sister now has a vehicle that belonged to our grandfather. I'm sure GWGuy has seen it at her house. :whistle:

My sister now has a vehicle that belonged to our grandfather. I'm sure GWGuy has seen it at her house. :whistle:
Unlike you, I don't stalk. I've never seen the blue beast in her driveway that used to be parked on the side of the house next to the banana.

My road test was in a Ford LTD. In January. Right after a snow/ice storm. Slid right thru a stop sign with the tester guy. He got out, walked across that intersection, fell on his butt. I passed the test.

glhs837

Power with Control
Unlike you, I don't stalk. I've never seen the blue beast in her driveway that used to be parked on the side of the house next to the banana.

I can't help but note cars of interest. Wife will point out something like a 928S, and I'll be, "Yeah, got here three years ago, used to park off Chancellors, last I saw it was off Poplar Ridge"

(Note: Above car type and parking locations changed to avoid stalkers like GW)

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

My road test was in a Ford LTD. In January. Right after a snow/ice storm. Slid right thru a stop sign with the tester guy. He got out, walked across that intersection, fell on his butt. I passed the test.
:lmao:

First fun cars were the Snake and the Mongoose dragsters. I had to share them with my brother.
:lol:
I had a Mongoose too. 1/50th scale electric road race.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
@GWguy BTW, the green bean is for sale if you know of anyone interested. :yay: Niece never used it and is going back abroad soon.

jrt_ms1995

Both 'good' and 'fun'; '86 Honda Civic CRX-Si. Smoothest shifter I've ever used. Wish I still had it today!
😭

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I took my drivers test in a borrowed 83 Chevy Chevette 4sp.
1st Fun Vehicle 1974 Chevy Heavy 1/2 ton 454 and a TH 400 ....
1st Vehicle I owned a 1966 Dodge Dart 3sp Column Shift 170 CI Slant 6

Current fun Vehicle 2003 Lincoln Aviator - has the same engine as the Mach One Mustang - 4.6 DOHC 302 HP

glhs837

Power with Control
Both 'good' and 'fun'; '86 Honda Civic CRX-Si. Smoothest shifter I've ever used. Wish I still had it today!
😭

View attachment 138198

If 20 year old me could have gotten insurance for that 91hp car, it would have been my first car. But two seats, plus the fact that our Navy mail system meant I had a downtown San Francisco zip code. I literally called four insurance companies and nobody would touch it. So instead I ended up with a 146hp turbocharged "beast". Much less risky... :)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
My 1st car was a 64 Ford Falcon convertible, 289, fun and reliable. 1st new car I had was a 70 Vega my mother won in a raffle that I bought from her..really miss that $32 a month car payment. Most fun car I have owned was an 06 Mustang GT, had 186k miles on it when I sold it 5 years ago, still ran perfectly.

Following that direction...

My first car was a 1966 Ford Falcon Van. First New car was my 92 F-150. Most Fun was still the 65 Mustang.

Had a few 60s cars. Still miss them. They were simple, reliable and easy to fix or maintain.

65 Mustang
66 Falcon Van
69 Falcon
69 Falcon ( yes, a second one )

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My first car was a muscle - a '79 Ventura. Since I was a girl I didn't really appreciate it, but it was a guy magnet. The most fun car was my little red Jeep Wrangler. I'll have another one of those some day.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
My first car was a muscle - a '79 Ventura. Since I was a girl I didn't really appreciate it, but it was a guy magnet. The most fun car was my little red Jeep Wrangler. I'll have another one of those some day.
My wife's first car when they moved here from Bermuda was a new 73 Pontiac Ventura, 350 hp. Have no idea why she bought that thing, seeing that in Bermuda there was nothing like that, and all most people drove were moped scooters. That was our first car as a married couple in 77, and lasted us a long time. It was crushed in Tampa Stadium by Big Foot in a monster truck show late 80's, so it went out in style.