What's fun in North/Chesapeake Beach?

greyhound

The restaurant wasn't the nicest place I've ever eaten, but it was good enough to justify at least some of it's reputation. The omelette they cooked for me rocked. Tell me more about this secret boardwalk.

I can't remember the name now. Maybe terbear will remember. It's a 5 minute walk from Tan's.

Sweet sue's is on the corner of bay Ave & 7th street. The entrance is across from the Nice & fleezy Antiques and the other corner faces Thursdays Restaurant.

bohman

Sweet sue's is on the corner of bay Ave & 7th street. The entrance is across from the Nice & fleezy Antiques and the other corner faces Thursdays Restaurant.

That's the one. I remember seeing the antique store across the street. Now I'll know to try a sandwich there next time. :yay:

terbear1225

The restaurant wasn't the nicest place I've ever eaten, but it was good enough to justify at least some of it's reputation. The omelette they cooked for me rocked. Tell me more about this secret boardwalk.

I can't remember the name now. Maybe terbear will remember. It's a 5 minute walk from Tan's.

pretty sure thatwas the name. excellent earl gray and the cookies were really yummy. if you're familiar with the tea they sell at the ren fest, i'm pretty sure it was the same brand.

nobody really

I need a nap
I'm comparing it to most of the other area's in Calvert County. I'm from the Lusby area and one weekend me and my girlfriend decided to go up that way one night for dinner and a few drinks (this was in the summer) and it just was not that good at all. Now I do understand that there are a few nice places up there but over all its nothing special!

You're from Lusby and you're calling north beach and chesapeake beach a dump???:killingme

greyhound

You're from Lusby and you're calling north beach and chesapeake beach a dump???:killingme

I drive from St.leonard to North Beach every night. It's no different than any other part of Calvert. has it's good and it's bad.

I like the new candy store on 3rd street.

Dork

Highlander's MPD

Those are my thoughts too. I'm sure Lusby has it's good areas but I didn't think CRE has that great of a reputation as a wonderful place to live. To each his own. I personally wouldn't want to live in Lusby but I guess we all have different reasons for wanting to live where we do. I like the North Beach/Chesapeake Beach area. The winter time is a little boring but the rest of the year can be like being at a real beach. You have boardwalks, waterpark, bands, tiki bars, restaurants, cotton candy, funnel cakes, etc.

terbear1225

Those are my thoughts too. I'm sure Lusby has it's good areas but I didn't think CRE has that great of a reputation as a wonderful place to live. To each his own. I personally wouldn't want to live in Lusby but I guess we all have different reasons for wanting to live where we do. I like the North Beach/Chesapeake Beach area. The winter time is a little boring but the rest of the year can be like being at a real beach. You have boardwalks, waterpark, bands, tiki bars, restaurants, cotton candy, funnel cakes, etc.

i was already planning to go back in the summer, you really don't have to try so hard to talk me into it! :lmao:

DuffMan

Ok compare Solomons to North Beach, Which one is better??? Like I said before there are some nice areas in North Beach but once the slots thing playes out its going to turn into a crime paradise, then again you can look into the county papers now and see the majority of the crime is from that area anyway.

Just like North Beach, Lusby has its bad areas too, but If I wanted to go out for some drinks I would much rather go to Solomons then North Beach! Every Bar I went to had someone singing Karaoke! I don't know about you but some of those people could of swallowed those mic's and it would have sounded better. The only Bar I like was some little place that had a few people in it and no Karaoke. :buddies:

CobraKai

SF. SH. NM.
Ok compare Solomons to North Beach, Which one is better???

I haven't ventured to Solomons yet, but have heard good things. If an area is judged based on its bars (nightlife) then maybe CB/NB wouldn't be ranked highly, but if other "attractions" are also considered it could be a different story.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I went there once. Had 4 black people try to get into my car when I parked. One of them got the door opened before I could hit the locks.... I don't remember exactly what I said, I know I went off yelling at them. Got in my car and left.