What's the deal?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Re: accident in gambrills/crofton area....

Originally posted by RPM
it occured on patuxant road, about 1 mile from my grandmothers house. it was around 1982.

if memory serves me, there were 15 teenagers and a 20 year old piled into the truck. the 20 year old was driving.

they went off the road and hit a tree. estimated speed was around 40mph i think.

no exageration here at all.... they recovered at least 5 of the bodies from up in trees.

i was 9 years old when it happened. Odenton is a small community, known only for fort meade really.

it was a bad time.

I remember that. It was awful. AND, now this...this

CMC122

Go Braves!
Re: accident in gambrills/crofton area....

Originally posted by RPM
it occured on patuxant road, about 1 mile from my grandmothers house. it was around 1982.

if memory serves me, there were 15 teenagers and a 20 year old piled into the truck. the 20 year old was driving.

they went off the road and hit a tree. estimated speed was around 40mph i think.

no exageration here at all.... they recovered at least 5 of the bodies from up in trees.

i was 9 years old when it happened. Odenton is a small community, known only for fort meade really.

it was a bad time.
I remember that too. Time fly's it dosen't seem like it was that long ago!

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
As far as the law goes, a cop once told me that it was legal if the passengers in the bed were over 16, and the cab of the truck was filled, meaning all the seatbelts were being used. He said that if he saw the people in the bed standing or sitting up against the tailgate or something equally as ignorant, he would pull them over for reckless driving or something...Just to get them out of the bed and off the road.