what's the Harley difference?

Chief Jeff

Graphic Artist
marianne said:
Ponytail said:
Alot of folks find the riding position of the V-Rod uncomfortable. I know I do.

The Fat Boy is a popular bike, and has been for more than 15 years because of it's look, ride and comfort. Not too many other motorcycles are more easily recognized than a Fat Boy.
Yeah, I think that is exactly it. He's tall at 6' although his knees aren't higher than his waist on the bike. After he rides a while he'll stretch out his back every chance he gets, so it must bother him. If I could, I'd take the VRod but I'm probably far too little. How do you know what "size" or weight bike fits you? I'm 5'0, 105lbs. DH told me about a small Ducati but I certainly don't need or want a fast bike.

I know alot of small women who ride big bikes, its all in the mind, theres not a factory bike that you cant ride, atleast once you gain experience anyway. Even the biggest harley is not that huge that you couldnt ride it. I had an 03 Indian chief, which is bigger then anything HD ever put out, but I knew a few women who could ride em' with ease. So dont be too intimidated, learn to ride and get used it but when your ready, get the bike you want...

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
marianne said:
How do you know what "size" or weight bike fits you? I'm 5'0, 105lbs. DH told me about a small Ducati but I certainly don't need or want a fast bike.
What's your inseam measurement. Most manufacturer's web sites list seat height, and it's relativly simple to lower them further with new shocks. The weight/size is really a secondary consideration. You balance the weight, not hold it off the ground.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Ponytail said:
When I bought the bike that I have now, buying a wide glide was my intention. ... Wish it would happen in bars like that. :ohwell:
I've found it does happen like that with the "wide glides' in bars :lol: