Whats the real difference?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
between the cut in men's clothing and women's clothing?

I buy women's slacks and the petite sizes are a tad too short, and the regular/average requires me to hem them. I hate hemming pants, and I hate paying someone to do it for me even more.

So, the past few times I've purchased slacks, I've gone to the men's section and bought slacks with my waist and length measurements, and they seem to fit nicely. I don't have to worry about the waist being too tight or lax, and I don't have to deal with hemming them.

The only difference, and I'm not even sure if it is a *real* difference, is that the room in the thighs is a little more generous.

So, is there a real difference in the cut in women's slacks vice men's slacks?

itsbob

I bowl overhand

I buy women's slacks and the petite sizes are a tad too short, and the regular/average requires me to hem them. I hate hemming pants, and I hate paying someone to do it for me even more.

So, the past few times I've purchased slacks, I've gone to the men's section and bought slacks with my waist and length measurements, and they seem to fit nicely. I don't have to worry about the waist being too tight or lax, and I don't have to deal with hemming them.

The only difference, and I'm not even sure if it is a *real* difference, is that the room in the thighs is a little more generous.

Womens pants don't come with a ballroom and hardwood flooring.

Pete

Repete

I would think it would be a great time saver. Instead of dropping trou to pee you can just unzip now. :yay:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Mens slacks are pretty much straight through the hips, womens are curved, for hips.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Womens pants, however, do come with expansion room for a large rear deck.
In case you haven't noticed, my rear deck isn't quite as expansive as it once was, so I no longer need expansion capabilities. :biggrin:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Mens slacks are pretty much straight through the hips, womens are curved, for hips.
Hmmm. I'm still pretty curvy, but I do realize that I am getting a little leaner through my thighs. I recognize that when I buy "relaxed fit" jeans, that I can expect them to be a little more generous in the thigh area.

But what I'm now buying are slacks very similar to Docker's...something that you'd expect to be a little more form fitting in the butt area, but they are still a little loose.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
No crap.

Oh, and we had a visitor to the house the other day peddling GS cookies. Had to turn her away dejected so that we could get our stash from Bug. :yay:

He should pay more attention to you and your derriere.

Bug thanks you! :huggy:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Hmmm. I'm still pretty curvy, but I do realize that I am getting a little leaner through my thighs. I recognize that when I buy "relaxed fit" jeans, that I can expect them to be a little more generous in the thigh area.

But what I'm now buying are slacks very similar to Docker's...something that you'd expect to be a little more form fitting in the butt area, but they are still a little loose.

You actually have more curve as you lose weight, because you have a waist. You'll have to dry different brands until you find what fits best. It's a whole new you, treat yourself.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
You actually have more curve as you lose weight, because you have a waist. You'll have to dry different brands until you find what fits best. It's a whole new you, treat yourself.
:yahoo:

I can hardly wait. I plan on being at goal weight by Memorial Day weekend....just have to find creative ways to tide over my current wardrobe until then, or find makeshift/inexpensive solutions till then.

This is so damn cool. :yay:

lovinmaryland

I can hardly wait. I plan on being at goal weight by Memorial Day weekend....just have to find creative ways to tide over my current wardrobe until then, or find makeshift/inexpensive solutions till then.

Well now is the perfect time to get some new -transition- clothes a lot of the stores are clearancing their winter merchandise. :yay:

:clap:Keep up the good work you are doing great!!! :love:

T

toppick08

:otter:

:howdy:

C

CalvertNewbie

If I had a body like Demi Moore, I wouldn't even bother with body paint.

Till then, I'll spare the general public the sight of me nekkid. You should thank me for this decision.

:lol: You may not have a body like hers YET but it sounds like you're well on your way. Congrats on the weight loss and keep up the great work! :yahoo: