• Busy body

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • Too many polls

Votes: 9 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What's the worst thing people do that they shouldn't?

Is it smoking?
Is it drinking?
Is it bad diet?
Is it bad financial decisions?
Is it sloth?
Is it arrogance?
Is it lust?
Is it envy?
Or is it being bothered with what other people do that you don't like?

I ask that you consider this, 'worst' in a full context; what's bad for the individual AND is bad for others AND is bad for the society as a whole.

I think smoking is the most rediculously stupid thing, ever. It stinks, it's expensvie. It is absurd in and of itself; roll this up, set it on fire and...inhale.
:lol: And, I used to really enjoy it.

However, smokers often cost less because they die younger. Smokers are nowhere near as dangerous as drunks. Their money is associated with agriculture, always a good thing. Smokers tend to know how to relax more better than many non smokers, thus perhaps a better quality of life.

So, give it some thought and pick your top three 'worst'. Honor system.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Smoking is the worst and the data supports this.
Annual Causes of Death in the United States
Tobacco 435,0001
Poor Diet and Physical Inactivity 365,0001
Alcohol 85,000 1
Microbial Agents 75,0001
Toxic Agents 55,0001
Motor Vehicle Crashes 26,3471
Adverse Reactions to Prescription Drugs 32,0002
Suicide 30,6223
Incidents Involving Firearms 29,0001
Homicide 20,3084
Sexual Behaviors 20,0001
All Illicit Drug Use, Direct and Indirect 17,0001, 5
Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Such As Aspirin 7,6006
Marijuana 07
Annual Causes of Death in the United States | Drug War Facts

Diet is 2nd.

3rd is alcohol
Excessive alcohol consumption is the third leading preventable cause of death in the United States (1) and is associated with multiple adverse health consequences, including liver cirrhosis, various cancers, unintentional injuries, and violence. To analyze alcohol-related health impacts, CDC estimated the number of alcohol-attributable deaths (AADs) and years of potential life lost (YPLLs) in the United States during 2001. This report summarizes the results of that analysis, which indicated that approximately 75,766 AADs and 2.3 million YPLLs, or approximately 30 years of life lost on average per AAD, were attributable to excessive alcohol use in 2001. Alcohol-Attributable Deaths and Years of Potential Life Lost --- United States, 2001

Last edited:

Cowgirl

I picked smoking, drinking, and envy. I had a hard time with the third pick, because nothing else really struck me as bad for more than the individual. Envy really only affects individuals, but it seems to strike a high number of the population. I'm thinking about it along the lines of people keeping up with the Joneses. People feel the need to drive $50,000 SUVs that never so much as drive on the grass, people buying $500K McMansions, huge TVs, boats, etc. :shrug:

I guess I could have picked bad financial decisions. :shrug: It's too early for such a big pole.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Smoking(an yea, I know I still smoke, but I'm working on it)....it's dangerous for me and all that are around me

Drinking(never really was a drinker)....the drink, get drunk, get in their vehicle and drive....possiblility of killing themselves(that would impact their family and friends) and/or someone else(that would impact their family and friends)....If they don't drive(stay home/get a driver) they, in time die of liver failure which would impact their family and friends)

Lust(definitely not me)....people who sleep with a lot of others are dangerous if not using some kind of protection(which isn't 99% effective)....the possibility of them contracting something and spreading it is great which impacts a huge number of people <--this one was a hard one to choose

LadyWolf

I think they are all bad in their own way. Too much of something is probably bad. They all affect people in different ways and therefore I can't decide. :jameo:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
The correct answer is missing...

The most annoying habit it the perpetual #####ing, whining and complaining about what others are doing.

R

RadioPatrol

Or is it being bothered with what other people do that you don't like?

I ask that you consider this, 'worst' in a full context; what's bad for the individual AND is bad for others AND is bad for the society as a whole.

Poor Financial Decisions
Busy Body
Too Many polls - Uncle Rico Stand up and take a BOW

most are personal choice issues and do not effect me ....

but Poor Financial Decisions and Busy Bodies effect me .... either having to paid some loser out with my tax dollars (in this climate not in the past) and somebody sticking their nasal orifice into my business ...

and too many pools ... well ...........:cds:

Beta84

They're out to get us
Smoking is the worst and the data supports this.

Diet is 2nd.

3rd is alcohol

i was torn between these and poor financial decisions. i'm surprised u didn't think of poor financial decisions...if people made better decisions we'd probably have fewer liberals :wink:

financial stuff usually hurts other people. alcoholism and smoking can too. diet hurts, but usually when they either eat u outta house and home or if u have to lift them up. i put smoking/diet/finance but i'd probably drop diet and add alcohol after thinking more. any of the 4 work though.

JimW711

Driving the Z
What about some of the really annoying habits people have, like biting their fingernails, or picking their nose? DISGUSTING!