when arguing on a forum

Have you changed your point of view

• Yes, After considering the information and checking their facts

Votes: 42 67.7%
  • No, I am correct and they should realize this

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I will never admit to seeing their point of view

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I have had visions of dismembering those that oppose my superior thought process

Votes: 13 21.0%

• Total voters

smcop

Yea..I have had an opinion, and it has been shown to me to be wrong, or someone's argument made more sense.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Sure, as long as they point out facts that I didn't know or consequences I hadn't realized. It's hard to budge me on most issues though.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
bcp said:
have you ever changed your own opinion of the subject based on what others have said or pointed out?
OMG I've lost count of the number of times I've changed my position because of either new information or someone set me straight.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I also don't reject someone out of hand just because they're a traditional idiot. Even a stopped watch is right twice a day.

Plus I'm half an Alzheimer's patient so I forget who I hate on a daily basis. :lol:

bcp

In My Opinion
vraiblonde said:
Plus I'm half an Alzheimer's patient so I forget who I hate on a daily basis. :lol:
me too, I write myself sticky notes and put them all over my monitor so I can remember. hold on..... nope, you're not stuck on my monitor.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
I have more often changed my point of view or opinion of a forum member than of a topic of discussion. But I will say that I am usually enlightened from a heated topic argument/debate, regardless of my feelings (if any) on the matter.

K

Kain99

kwillia said:
Don't tell my your forgot... :frown: I believe our fever arguement was my only ever flame war. :huggy:
OMG OMG OMG! I totally remember now! Man... those were the days huh? :lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is the...

...essence of the forums, to me; an awesome lab for exchanging viewpoints, ideas and good old fashioned arguing. Even on the rare incidences where my mind is not changed for me, I still enjoy understanding more clearly other peoples viewpoints and how they got to them.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Ask anyone who knows me and they will thell you I know everything and Im never wrong. So there. And I will dismember anyone who disagrees.