When do the Craft Fairs Start

Kirsten

I am looking to find out when the craft fairs start down here. I thinking about making some things to try to make some money for Christmas this year so we don't "charge" our way through it. I am hoping that there is a couple of good craft fairs maybe towards the Fall that I could afford to do to sell them.

I have some fairly simple crochet patterns for a headbands, like what skiers like to wear instead of earmuffs, a hat, and I am going to look into some others for possibly mittens. I am looking at what the market would be like as well. Any info you can pass along I would appreciate.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Usually they start in November from what I've seen. There is a large one held on the base every year. Lots of churches and other organizations (fire depts, lodges, etc) seem to have them too.

If you're looking to sell year round, the Crafts Guild of St. Mary's is open year round in Leonardtown, but I have no idea what it takes to get a space in there. Cecil's Old Mill on Indian Bridge Road in Great Mills also does a lot with local crafters. They may be good sources for pricing your merchandise too.

Link to somdliving article about crafters

Link for Cecil's Old Mill

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Sassafras Hill in Wildewood shopping center is another place to consider.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Originally posted by RoseRed
Sassafras Hill in Wildewood shopping center is another place to consider.
My kid sis works there, says the prices are pretty good, compared to others around the area....but I guess she has to say that cause she works there :ohwell:

F

Flo

Originally posted by Kirsten
Thank you all, I will look into them and see what I can do

Generally, October and November.

Though in Southern Prince George's County, the Brandywine Lions Club Craft Fair is the first weekend in October. The fair was relocated the last couple of years from the Curtis Farm on 301 to Cherry Tree Crossing Road in Brandywine.

In St. Mary's County, the Parlett Farm on Route 6 has their annual craft fair the middle of October.