Where can I get music?

DarbyOhara

Musician
Originally posted by missi1013
Thank you everyone and darby!!! I down load music because I like only on song on the cd and I'm not wasting $15 to go out and buy the whole thing. I believe the the Music Ind. is just like everyone else and is out to make money. Making a cd doesn't cost $15 to $20, the cost that we buy from the store!! If I was a musician I would rather have people down load my songs and have then heard, then to go out and waste there money on a cd from the store!!! You can support the band in other ways like tee-shirts and concerts!

I agree whole-heartly with what you are saying... and believe me.. most music producers and musicians HATE the music industry.. So many awesome musicians have been screwed over royaly by them.. and they are sometimes wolves in sheep-skins! Even though my label is small... I refuse to deal with them. It doesn't put the food on my table, so I DO have that choice. And yes, the purchaseable download is a great way for a striving musicians... however, according to recent polls (from musicians attempting that), it's not paying off. That is sad...

Right now, the biggest hype with the music industry is media protection. They are spending millions trying to find ways that you buy music and WILL NOT be able to rip it to your computer... Sony tried this with Celine Dion's latest cd.. Sony spent piles of money to market this new cd (which you couldn't rip it to a computer)... only to find lately.. all you take is a marker to the edge of the cd... presto! rip away! In light of that.. you have idiot clowns like Metallica and many others supporting their efforts in all this too.

Lastly, my point is... advertising or announcing that you get free music on a public BB isn't a good idea... you don't think Big Brother is watching this public BB? heck, I am sure that the people running this BB don't know it... enof said....