Where To Find A Gun/Cabinet

R

Rienell

Hey guys. New to the area and wondering where you can find high-quality wooden gun cabinets in SoMD.... heck, anywhere within a 100 miles Calvert County would be nice. Hubby wants one for Christmas that holds 10 or 12 guns. Said he wouldn't mind an unfinished one either, cause he wants it stained really dark. It's hard finding one online thats stained anything but golden oak or brown walnut.
Called Dick's Sporting goods, and all they have is 1 made of that veneer stuff. Don't want that.
If you know of any local craftsmen who might be able to make one by Christmas, please let me know. (Or know a store that sells them) Thanks.

Hey guys. New to the area and wondering where you can find high-quality wooden gun cabinets in SoMD.... heck, anywhere within a 100 miles Calvert County would be nice. Hubby wants one for Christmas that holds 10 or 12 guns. Said he wouldn't mind an unfinished one either, cause he wants it stained really dark. It's hard finding one online thats stained anything but golden oak or brown walnut.
Called Dick's Sporting goods, and all they have is 1 made of that veneer stuff. Don't want that.
If you know of any local craftsmen who might be able to make one by Christmas, please let me know. (Or know a store that sells them) Thanks.
Vince (member here) is an AWSOME woodworker. Perhaps he'd make one for you?

Ponytail

Custom made cabinet was available...

Call Beautiful Kitchens in Hollywood. They had an installer working there, that did wood working on the side. The dude made one on request for someone out of Cherry I believe and shortly before it was completed, the buyer backed out.

Last I heard, the kid still had it, for sale. He posts it here in the classifieds from time to time. It is a GORGEOUS piece, just WAY out of my price range, and with kids in the house now, it's just not a good way to store them.

It might be worth a shot to call over there to see. I don't know they guys name, but he is a young cabinet installer. Give them this info, and they should know right off the bat who it is and hook you up.

myerslss

gun cabinet

If you want good quality, my nephew custom makes them. You may e-mail me at myerslss@aol.com if interested in his contact information.

I went all the way down to BFE ( Thornburg, VA ) back in 1989 for an awesome gun cabinet. Pure oak! Was about $900.00 at the time.

Effin' ex boy friend has it. Hope it rotted! :biggrin:

JustynSayneBand

where you can find high-quality wooden gun cabinets in SoMD.... heck, anywhere within a 100 miles Calvert County would be nice.

Call Fred's Sports in Waldorf, they also sell hand make oak furniture. I saw some really nice cabinets up there the other day, with frosted glass designs and all that fancy schmancy stuff too. Around here we just throw a rag over them and stick them in whatever corner doesn't already have a gun in it, and sometimes the rag is questionable, BUT, if your guy is worth it...

then make the man proud to call you his own! LOL.

Fred's Oak Furniture - Solid Oak Furniture, Wood Furniture, Amish Oak Furniture, Oak Bedroom Furniture, Oak Furniture Store, Solid Oak Furniture, Oak Tree Furniture, Oak Furniture MD, Waldorf, MD, Maryland Oak Furniture

OR

Fred's Sports
2895 Crain Highway
Waldorf, MD 20601

301-843-3040
301-645-5694

Sunday: 8am-3pm
Monday: 8am -8pm
Tuesday: 8am-8pm
Wednesday: 8am-8pm
Thursday: 8am-8pm
Friday: 8am-8pm
Saturday: 8am-6pm

Fred's Sports and Furniture - Handguns, Long Guns, Ammo, Oak Furniture, Paintball, Painball Guns, Bows, Arrows, Archery,Southern Md, Md, Maryland

0 % Financing Avaliable!, Call or Stop in for details

Fred's Sports and Furniture
BONUS BUCKS!
Recieve 1.75% rebates
on all your purchases
(given quarterly)

Attachments

• fredsoak.gif
    fredsoak.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
where you can find high-quality wooden gun cabinets in SoMD.... heck, anywhere within a 100 miles Calvert County would be nice.

Call Fred's Sports in Waldorf, they also sell hand make oak furniture. I saw some really nice cabinets up there the other day, with frosted glass designs and all that fancy schmancy stuff too. Around here we just throw a rag over them and stick them in whatever corner doesn't already have a gun in it, and sometimes the rag is questionable, BUT, if your guy is worth it...

then make the man proud to call you his own! LOL.

Fred's Oak Furniture - Solid Oak Furniture, Wood Furniture, Amish Oak Furniture, Oak Bedroom Furniture, Oak Furniture Store, Solid Oak Furniture, Oak Tree Furniture, Oak Furniture MD, Waldorf, MD, Maryland Oak Furniture

OR

Fred's Sports
2895 Crain Highway
Waldorf, MD 20601

301-843-3040
301-645-5694

Sunday: 8am-3pm
Monday: 8am -8pm
Tuesday: 8am-8pm
Wednesday: 8am-8pm
Thursday: 8am-8pm
Friday: 8am-8pm
Saturday: 8am-6pm

Fred's Sports and Furniture - Handguns, Long Guns, Ammo, Oak Furniture, Paintball, Painball Guns, Bows, Arrows, Archery,Southern Md, Md, Maryland

0 % Financing Avaliable!, Call or Stop in for details

Fred's Sports and Furniture
BONUS BUCKS!
Recieve 1.75% rebates
on all your purchases
(given quarterly)

:yeahthat: or go directly to the amish.