Where to go...

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Well, I've found someone patient enough to put up with me for a year- which is not an easy task (my own mother claims I'm Satan). So, I wanted to take her out tonight to thank her. We usually go out about once a week, but end up going to the same couple of places and I'd like to go somewhere different.

Stipulations:

1) Needs to have something on the menu that isn't fried or greasy. Her gall bladder is giving her problems and since she's 4 months pregnant, the doc won't do anything other than tell her to change her diet.

2) Needs to serve beer, preferably Yeungling.

3) I don't like extremely noisy environments. I like to hear my GF, and I don't like having to yell so that she can hear me.

Any suggestions?

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
kwillia said:
What are your usual places...:confused:

Mostly chain restraunts (no pun intended), or whatever sounds good at the moment. Applebees, Ruby Teusday's, Damon's, India Gardens... We've also tried the Captain's Table and Petruzzi's. We weren't too pleased with either of the last two.

At Petruzzi's we waited over 20 minutes after being seated for a server to show up. When one didn't, we walked out. The place was empty and we walked out right by two employees who couldn't have cared less.

I'm looking for something different. I know there's a lot more out there but I don't know much about it. I'm not a social type and I can't get her to tell me where she wants to go or what she wants to try.

One of the guys at work suggested The Tides, but after reading threads here, I'm not going there. I also considered Asahi, since we both love the food, but I'd like to be to have a conversation during dinner and I don't like to be elbow to elbow with strangers.

And to the guy/gal that left the Karma... I'm not planning on getting married any time soon.

somd whisper

Chain729 said:
Mostly chain restraunts (no pun intended), or whatever sounds good at the moment. Applebees, Ruby Teusday's, Damon's, India Gardens... We've also tried the Captain's Table and Petruzzi's. We weren't too pleased with either of the last two.

At Petruzzi's we waited over 20 minutes after being seated for a server to show up. When one didn't, we walked out. The place was empty and we walked out right by two employees who couldn't have cared less.

I'm looking for something different. I know there's a lot more out there but I don't know much about it. I'm not a social type and I can't get her to tell me where she wants to go or what she wants to try.

One of the guys at work suggested The Tides, but after reading threads here, I'm not going there. I also considered Asahi, since we both love the food, but I'd like to be to have a conversation during dinner and I don't like to be elbow to elbow with strangers.

And to the guy/gal that left the Karma... I'm not planning on getting married any time soon.

At Asahi you can call and place a hold on a private table.

Chain729 said:

I like Boomerang's. It's not that far away. They have a good menu selection and a fair amount of tables so there shouldn't be much trouble finding seating for two.

BOOMERANG'S LINK

Last edited:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
kwillia said:
I like Boomerang's. It's not that far away. They have a good menu selection and a fair amount of tables so there shouldn't be much trouble finding seating for two.

Go a little further north and eat at Adams. Also there's a new place, Jake & Al's Chop House in Lusby (same shopping center as the new Food Lion). It's owned by the owner of Adam's. We went there the day after it opened and it was good. They were working out some logistic bugs, etc. but I'd go back.

cattitude said:
Go a little further north and eat at Adams. Also there's a new place, Jake & Al's Chop House in Lusby (same shopping center as the new Food Lion). It's owned by the owner of Adam's. We went there the day after it opened and it was good. They were working out some logistic bugs, etc. but I'd go back.
Adams is good too, but much farther away for such a yucky, rainy drive ... Adams link

Last edited:

Agee

Veccenzo's, (Dowell Rd, past Anna Marie Gardens) The Dry Dock (Zanhizers Marina), CD's, the rear bar. Also, word has it Fitzies has re-opened and the food is :yay: (Joe Hazel Rd).

R

rallwine2000

Broome Howard House in St. Mary's City, very nice, not too pricey