Where to go...

SamSpade said:
What about CD Cafe?
IMO, it's too small and therefore too crowded to consider for a "quiet" meal for two... I found it stressful to have folks standing at the doorway staring you down waiting for you to finish your meal so they could have your table... it gave it a very "rushed" feeling.

Otter

Nothing to see here
If you are going out tonight, remember its Monday..lots of restaurants are closed on Mondays.

Pooh31

The Roost is a very nice place. My husband took me there for Mothers Day and the food was great and the people were very nice. It was quiet and I dont know if they have the beer that you want.

SamSpade

kwillia said:
IMO, it's too small and therefore too crowded to consider for a "quiet" meal for two... I found it stressful to have folks standing at the doorway staring you down waiting for you to finish your meal so they could have your table... it gave it a very "rushed" feeling.

Strange, I've never felt that way, there - it's always felt cozy and quaint. Plus, they usually have people wait in the back in the lounge, for their table. And while I like diGiovanni's, I've generally had THAT feeling, there - it's crowded and everyone wants your seat.

We have some friends who like the Drydock - and I have the same sense, there - like I'm sitting in the aisle. I guess it's what you like. Generally for cozy and romantic, we go to the Melting Pot. You have your own booth with walls around you. But that might be a bit far for some.

SamSpade

Pooh31 said:
The Roost is a very nice place. My husband took me there for Mothers Day and the food was great and the people were very nice. It was quiet and I dont know if they have the beer that you want.

We had our rehearsal dinner there. Very nice. Good food that night.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
kwillia said:
I like Boomerang's. It's not that far away. They have a good menu selection and a fair amount of tables so there shouldn't be much trouble finding seating for two.

BOOMERANG'S LINK

Boomerangs was very noisy the last time I ate there. JMO

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Airgasm said:
Giavanni's... Place is hit or miss.

A couple others Clarkes Landing, Cafe De Artiste.

Cafe de Artiste....... Great place...nice quiet, romantic, good food, good atmosphere. all around A-1 place. I f all goes well this could be you > :love: :huggy: