Where to ride bicycle

luvscats

anyone have info about where I can ride my bicycle on a paved path that doesn't have cars? I've ridden the pull off on lanes of Dares Beach Road, Plum Point Road, but it's scary sometimes. I live in Huntingtown but am willing to drive to St. Mary's or elsewhere for a nice path to ride with no cars. Don't have the tires to do dirt paths.

Thank you. :)

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
anyone have info about where I can ride my bicycle on a paved path that doesn't have cars? I've ridden the pull off on lanes of Dares Beach Road, Plum Point Road, but it's scary sometimes. I live in Huntingtown but am willing to drive to St. Mary's or elsewhere for a nice path to ride with no cars. Don't have the tires to do dirt paths.

Yes, there is a long trail that starts in Charlotte Hall and goes for miles. Forget what it's called.

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
You can also ride around St Mary's Lake, although it's not "paved"....

Ummm, not if they don't have the tires for non-paved trails.

Charlotte Hall to county line is 3 miles.

Lower Three Notch Trail from Baggett Park to Rt. 5 is about 3 miles.

The Indian Head Rail Trail is about a 27 mile round trip

If you feel like taking a little trip north, DC is just chock full of bike/pedestrian only trails. I was on one a few weeks ago, traveled from our hotel in Crystal City down past the airport and all the way into Old Town with minimal bike/car shared road getting out of the hotel area. About 13 miles round trip. There are trails all over the place.

Bike Washington

Hank

my war

Since you are in Calvert, you may want to check this out... I haven't been yet so I can't tell you how it is, but it is new.

Chesapeake Beach Rail-Trail | Maryland Trails | TrailLink.com