Where was Emily's?

glhs837

Power with Control
Guy I'm going to lunch with said the old Emilys, sparking a debate with my wife about where that is. So, where was Emily's restaurant . Yelp matches my memory of it being where Sawatdee.....

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Emily's was next to where the Midway bar was years ago. Who remembers the Midway?
Who could forget that place....and Mike's?

Like SGI, I was a regular at Emily's. Our company shop and offices were a short walk across the parking lot back then.

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
Her name was Pong.

:yahoo: I'd take that over cash any day.

Pong was the Korean lady who purchased Emily's from the original owner, a Filipino lady named Emily. Loved the lumpia and afritada.
Yes, Pong came after Emily. The one thing I really remember about Emily was SHE TALKED VERY LOUDLY. If you didn't hear what she was saying you weren't trying to listen. I had a service manager years ago that intercepted the tray of lumpia she left for the shop and tried to take home for himself. When she came to pick up her truck she asked if we enjoyed them and I told her I hadn't seen any lumpia. The Hell she put on that man for stealing from the boys in the back was unholy, probably louder than the trumpets that took down the walls of Jericho.

God bless her, she was always so kind to me. I made sure I never ticked her off after seeing that display.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Pong was the Korean lady who purchased Emily's from the original owner, a Filipino lady named Emily. Loved the lumpia and afritada.
I never stopped there after Emily's, but I remember being told the Raman burger was good.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pong taught me how to roll lumpia. She advertised with me when I was with Channel 10 and if I wanted to get her advertising I had to help in the kitchen. :smile:

Midway was a blast - I'm trying to remember the owner's name.... Don? Anyway, he was one of my advertisers as well and one of my favorite stops. He used to say, "The health inspector said we have to leave the doors shut to keep the pests and vermin out. I told him those pests and vermin are my customers!"

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I never stopped there after Emily's, but I remember being told the Raman burger was good.
I believe that was after Pong sold the place to a new owner.
I can't remember the name.
Before it became the Mexican place "Authentic Mexican".