Which date is better?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Would you prefer a nice meal out in a decent restaurant or is buying the raw ingredients & then together making the meal a better way to go? Do you find 1 way a bit more romantic?

Assume you have decent kitchen skills and a stocked kitchen in you do the cooking. But you could also use the BBQ grill or even a smoky campfire.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
My favorite: go get the ingredients and make dinner together.

Although, I must admit, I have never done that in my current relationship. :bawl:

Would you prefer a nice meal out in a decent restaurant or is buying the raw ingredients & then together making the meal a better way to go? Do you find 1 way a bit more romantic?

Assume you have decent kitchen skills and a stocked kitchen in you do the cooking. But you could also use the BBQ grill or even a smoky campfire.

For a first date? I would think restaurant.

KDENISE977

For a first date? I would think restaurant.

I agree, I generally don't want to eat what I cook and I've yet to have a man make me a decent meal... I think the first thing my husband ever made for me was a frozen hamburger and canned corn :lol:

luvmygdaughters

1st and 2nd date, go to a restaurant. 3rd date fix the meal yourself, 4th date (assuming the first 3 went good) fix the meal together.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Several first dates would need to be out at a restaurant. But I love cooking so if I like the guy enough to have him at the house, I love and prefer the idea of shopping for ingredients and cooking a great meal at home. I have to really like the guy tho...have to prepare for him to immediately fall in love with me thru my cooking :shrug:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
The obvious is dinner at a restaurant followed up with cooking breakfast together in the morning. :biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am a sucker for men who can put together a good meal, and I tend toward activity dates anyway instead of sitting in a restaurant trying to figure out what to say to each other.

My vote is : cook together. Way more intimate and romantic than a restaurant. But, obviously, only with a guy you already know you want to be intimate and romantic with, otherwise it's just awkward.