Which do you like better: hamburgers or hotdogs?

littlelady

God bless the USA
Brats, smoked sausage, polish sausages Italian sausage, knockwurst, kielbasa...We used to have a sausage shop a few blocks away where I grew up, didn't realize how spoiled I was.

We are having brats tomorrow, too (spicy and mild) with homemade beer cooked sauer kraut. :yay: Happy 4th! :patriot:

DEEKAYPEE8569

I'm a hotdog gal. Preferably Chicago style, but I won't pass up a chilidog or a krautdog, either.

I'm a purist when it comes to my burgers and don't like anything on them except cheese, LTPO, ketchup and mustard. No chili, no mushrooms, no onion rings. But while I'll eat a plain dog with just mustard, I do like to load them up.

:yum:
Or? I like both. However, I prefer grilled Polish sausage over regular ol' hot dogs, and homemade hamburgers over Polish sausage; because I can put whatever I want in homemade hamburgers and make 'em as small or as big as I want.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Or? I like both. However, I prefer grilled Polish sausage .....

I prefer to put it on a hot dog skewer over an open fire, let the grease drip out and flame up until the outside is chard black ... slap it in a bun, then smother in BBQ Sauce

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I really don't want the hotdog or the hamburger.

I will ALWAYS go for the sides: mac salad, good coleslaw, pasta salad, unique tossed salads, etc. Oh, and desserts. I'll gladly skip the hotdogs and burgers in favor of other things.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I really don't want the hotdog or the hamburger.

I will ALWAYS go for the sides: mac salad, good coleslaw, pasta salad, unique tossed salads, etc. Oh, and desserts. I'll gladly skip the hotdogs and burgers in favor of other things.

I'm the same when I'm going to a BBQ or someone's party: I'm the fancy side-dish and dessert QUEEN :diva:

However, any other time I'm all into the burgers. I like them simple with a little fancy. I made burgers last night for the family - I kept all the toppings simple, LTO and sharp cheddar, onion bun, but when I mixed the hamburger up, I added this awesome habanero burger paste into the mix that really kicked them up a notch and kept them super juicy and flavorful. I like giving the simple just a little fun flare like that. And a good pub burger is one of my favorite things to trywhen we go out - something with a ton of blue cheese, onions, and mushrooms or similar :drool:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'm a hotdog gal. Preferably Chicago style, but I won't pass up a chilidog or a krautdog, either.

I'm a purist when it comes to my burgers and don't like anything on them except cheese, LTPO, ketchup and mustard. No chili, no mushrooms, no onion rings. But while I'll eat a plain dog with just mustard, I do like to load them up.

:yum:

Depends on the dog for one.. there are some God awful nasty hotdogs out there. Hebrew National.. I think are the best, Nathans.. NOT BallPark.. or Oscar Mayer..

I love me some special hamburgers.. but they can't be overcooked.. a grey hamburger is unappetizing as hell.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Depends on the dog for one.. there are some God awful nasty hotdogs out there. Hebrew National.. I think are the best, Nathans.. NOT BallPark.. or Oscar Mayer..

Nathan's hotdogs give me the burps. My favorite is Sahlen's, out of Buffalo, NY - great flavor, natural casing, hard to find. Oscar Mayer is the hotdog of my childhood and they have a distinctive taste - you bite into it and know immediately it's OM. Boar's Head is a really good dog and my go-to.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Nathan's hotdogs give me the burps. My favorite is Sahlen's, out of Buffalo, NY - great flavor, natural casing, hard to find. Oscar Mayer is the hotdog of my childhood and they have a distinctive taste - you bite into it and know immediately it's OM. Boar's Head is a really good dog and my go-to.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/06/...typ=cur&referer=https://t.co/Z9LnDotlzM?amp=1

Boars Head.. and there was another Deli Dog (Deutschmacher?) that was really good.. had a distinctive SNAP tonit when you bit into it.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I prefer to put it on a hot dog skewer over an open fire, let the grease drip out and flame up until the outside is chard black... slap it in a bun, then smother in BBQ Sauce
That is the correct way to grill a dog or a sausage. :yay: What? No chopped red onion? :yum:

SamSpade

Nah, prefer a burger. Brats, knockwurst, kielbasa, sausage - they are not hot dogs.

Now, I like a grilled dog with a little char and a lot of onions. Or pickles. Or sauerkraut.
But my main thing with hot dogs is, they're extra salty and taste like rolled up baloney.
Sometimes that's ok, but nothing beats a cheeseburger and beer.