Which Fly Spray

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
I like the one in the bright orange bottle, and I like Tri-Tec 14

I am doing those fly predators...but they are suckin this year!

Eventer29

Wipe Mostly use it on horses that are turned out or when the farrier comes. Dont like teh oily base for shows, attracts too much dust n dirt

covekat

I like the one with the bulls eye on the bottle, cant remember the name...

I was thinking of using the fly predators and hoping that someone who was using them could give me a heads up about them... do they affect horseflies?

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
I like Ultra shield Red because it has a sunscreeen which helps my mare stay goldn. It is a great fly spray and I use it for riding. The days I don't ride I use something called Horse & Stable. It's a inexpensive fly spray but works well inconjuction with the Ultra Shield, which is a little pricey. I have wondered about the fly preditors, also.

Robin

I use the red supershield or the attack all, before vet, farrier or riding. The wipe is good for them turned out in the pasture. Equispot is good for the ticks. I flip flop between them. When the flys get bad they like being in the barn in front of the fans.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Robin said:
I use the red supershield or the attack all, before vet, farrier or riding. The wipe is good for them turned out in the pasture. Equispot is good for the ticks. I flip flop between them. When the flys get bad they like being in the barn in front of the fans.

Oh yeah I like the spot on too...

Anyplace Farm

Tri-Tec 14

Hands down, this is the best. I've tried Endure, the stuff in the purple bottle (so bad I can't remember its name), I cringe when I see Bronco (it blows, basically). Equi-Sect did a pretty good job but I think Tri-Tec rocks.

On another board, I've also seen others sing its praises. I think that is why it is one of the most expensive and it is hard to find it on the shelf. Went to Dover this past weekend and all they had were the big jugs. That stuff moves fast.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
mygoldnhorse said:
I like Ultra shield Red because it has a sunscreeen which helps my mare stay goldn. It is a great fly spray and I use it for riding. The days I don't ride I use something called Horse & Stable. It's a inexpensive fly spray but works well inconjuction with the Ultra Shield, which is a little pricey. I have wondered about the fly preditors, also.

We used the preditors for the last 2-3 years and I haven't noticed any change. Seemed like a waste of money.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Anyplace Farm said:
Hands down, this is the best. I've tried Endure, the stuff in the purple bottle (so bad I can't remember its name), I cringe when I see Bronco (it blows, basically). Equi-Sect did a pretty good job but I think Tri-Tec rocks.

On another board, I've also seen others sing its praises. I think that is why it is one of the most expensive and it is hard to find it on the shelf. Went to Dover this past weekend and all they had were the big jugs. That stuff moves fast.

I think Labs4me?? talked about some tent thing on a stand that you put in the field, can't remember the name of it but it attracts lots a bitting insects and once they got in that was it. She said it worked great.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
SouthernMdRocks said:
We used the preditors for the last 2-3 years and I haven't noticed any change. Seemed like a waste of money.

Thanks! I have seen the ads but it always sounded like to good to be true.