Which is true about you?

Which is true of you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
AND I chose the wrong answer in my own poll. Didn't think, just clicked. The flag had 48 stars when I was born.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Yup. Only 48 for myself as well. Alaska and Hawaii were still five years down the road, along with the greatest gift to mankind - the big o - a few years further out.:killingme

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Sooo when is someone going to bring up... "Are commonwealths really states?" Some say yes, others will still argue no they're not. It sure changes the count depending on how its viewed. This has been on the books for debate for ages and D.C. thinks they have problems belonging. *sigh*

What say you?

:coffee:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Sooo when is someone going to bring up... "Are commonwealths really states?" Some say yes, others will still argue no they're not. It sure changes the count depending on how its viewed. This has been on the books for debate for ages and D.C. thinks they have problems belonging. *sigh*

What say you?

I like the idea of adding Puerto Rico as a state. It has redeeming qualities and wonderful people. Unfortunately the District of Columbia has neither redeeming qualities nor wonderful people. Puerto Rico produces marketable and useful things like sugar and rum. Unfortunately the District of Columbia does not. Puerto Rico stands on its own in a geographical sense, being an island state. Washington D.C. sinks on its own and is a nearly land-locked, granite-lined cesspool. Puerto Rico rises above mean sea level and is built on rocks and beaches. The District of Columbia started out as a swamp and is still a swamp.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Guilty of thinking more about Ky. , Mass. , Pa. and Virginia. The four my ex always tried to debate because they were already considered states yet are commonwealths too. Some say it has to be one or the other. I remember a teacher discussing it once, many moons ago so I figured it was still under controversy.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
For extra credit, which one was last to statehood; Hawaii or Alaska?

No googling!!!!

:popcorn:

Hawaii. I know because I was born in 1959, and this is just one of those factoids I've always known. :yay:

Also, because our tour guides in Hawaii told us. Every guide we had told us. :lol: They all had the same joke! If Hawaii had been the 49th state the TV show would have had to be called Hawaii 49. Not 5-O.

:drummer:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Guilty of thinking more about Ky. , Mass. , Pa. and Virginia. The four my ex always tried to debate because they were already considered states yet are commonwealths too. Some say it has to be one or the other. I remember a teacher discussing it once, many moons ago so I figured it was still under controversy.

And I'm guilty too - I think Puerto Rico and Guam are territories and D.C. is, well, D.C.