Votes: 2 8.3%
  • They are equally bad

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Putz or schmuck?

My step mom is Jewish and she, as an authority on Jewish insults and cuss words, says they are both bad. I said "How bad, worse than dick or #######?"
And she said "yes!"

I am not so sure. Schmuck is, basically the same as calling someone an a hole and putz seems to be pretty much the same as calling someone a dick. So, the only reasonable thing is to put it to you, the good people of the SOMD forums.

:popcorn:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Where's the option for "unoffensive"?

I don't think either putz or schmuck is bad at all. But that's because I'm a #*#X*.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But that's because I'm a #*#X*.

And that's why we love you and don't you dare change a thing. :love:

I'm not offended by either putz or schmuck. Schmuckatelli is one of my favorite things to call people, right after Moronica. :yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And that's why we love you and don't you dare change a thing. :love:

I'm not offended by either putz or schmuck. Schmuckatelli is one of my favorite things to call people, right after Moronica. :yay:

Ok, well, to any Jews and/or Germans out there, you are letting me say the equivalent of "Dick" and "A hole" in a tread title so, think about that!

Ha.

(E) Being called a putz and then having to post a poll to figure out if you are worse than a schmuck.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Putz or schmuck?

My step mom is Jewish and she, as an authority on Jewish insults and cuss words, says they are both bad. I said "How bad, worse than dick or #######?"
And she said "yes!"

I am not so sure. Schmuck is, basically the same as calling someone an a hole and putz seems to be pretty much the same as calling someone a dick. So, the only reasonable thing is to put it to you, the good people of the SOMD forums.

:popcorn:

schmuck is basically what i'd say to call someone an a-hole. putz is like idiot/moron/dumbass, but can also be used to call someone a dick.

i think you've got it about right.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
schmuck is basically what i'd say to call someone an a-hole. putz is like idiot/moron/dumbass, but can also be used to call someone a dick.
:yeahthat: I would say being a putz is not necessarily bad - although not good either, but being a schmuck would be bad.

Schmutz? :shrug:

My grandma used to say I had schmutz on my face just before she spit in a tissue and wiped my face ........

Schmutz just means something dirty, but not in an offensive way, grungy.

I always thought putz just meant a dipstick kind of person, whereas a schmuck was a bit more derogatory.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Wow - I never knew that "putz" is yiddish (derogatory) for prick. My parents used to say 'quit putzing around' when we were slow to do whatever they wanted us to do.

I looked 'schmuck' up & that too has more than one meaning; but it is also a "Yiddish word that literally means "penis".

I never knew that it also refers to
"That portion of one's penis which is cut off during circumcision"
:shrug:

Urban Dictionary: putz

Urban Dictionary: schmuck

E

EmptyTimCup

Wow - I never knew that "putz" is yiddish (derogatory) for prick. My parents used to say 'quit putzing around' when we were slow to do whatever they wanted us to do.

Scumbag is slang for a used condom .....

Toxick

Splat
Schmutz? :shrug:

Actually, I think schmutz is an actual (non-dirty) word, although I'm not sure if it's spelled the same. I used to work with a jewish woman who would pepper every conversation with Yiddish slang.

We worked at a printing press, so it was not uncommon for me to get 'schmutz' on my face, hands or clothes.

It's like dirt or goop, or in my case, ink.

D-35

Schmuck-us Maximus

Oy!
This goy came to love Yid slang in recent years because of all the tongue-twisting it takes to pronounce most of these words…[Plus, they just sounded perverted as hell.] :coffee:
Favs are: Schlemiel (a clumsy klutz);
Shlimazel (someone with constant bad luck. A loser);
Shmendrik (a stupid person. Howard Stern used this one a lot).

Schmuck-much less socially acceptable than the (3) tame ones above...