Which job opportunity?

Which job would you take?

• Stay at Dulles, go overnight and make 15% raise

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Make the same money on Govt. contract down town

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Work as employee of The Post for slightly better money then you currently make.

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toxick

Splat
tlatchaw said:
Those are (sort of) the career options I have right now. I'm thrilled to have so much opportunity, but am not certain which way I will go yet. What would you-all do?

Not enough information to offer advice.

For instance, I don't know how important is money to you. I've taken jobs after I was offered more money elsewhere because I liked the job itself better.

Also I don't know what 15% of your salary is. 15% is a substantial raise no matter how you slice it, but I wouldn't sell my soul for a few hundred bucks.

Plus, how much advancement is available at each job?

Another important factor to think about while pondering the commute - how good is your radio signal - and what radio programs are on while you're commuting. Not kidding - a radio show that you enjoy (and can actually receive with a good signal daily) will make your commute SO much better. It won't help you with gas prices tho.

Me, personally - I'd go with the happy medium. Shorter commute for more money.

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Thanks for the kinds words of advice everyone. A few facts that you also want. That 15% is in excess of 10 grand. I already drive to Dulles anyway and so am spending the time/money/logging time with Grandy and Andy/logging time with Don and Mike anyway.

A fourth option has just shown up too. Another Govt. contract (2 years long) coming with about an 8k raise also downtown. I think I'll pursue that one the strongest.