Which sunscreens work best?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
"WASHINGTON -- With warmer weather and more time outside, many people may be grabbing the sunscreen, but a Consumer Reports study found that not all sunscreens live up their promises.

Consumer Reports tested 20 sunscreens and found just two products -- BullFrog WaterAmor Sport InstaCool SPF 50+ and Coppertone Sensitive Skin SPF 50 -- provided the SPF, or sun protection factor, promised on the label. "

http://wtop.com/249/3625875/Which-sunscreens-live-up-to-promises

DEEKAYPEE8569

"WASHINGTON -- With warmer weather and more time outside, many people may be grabbing the sunscreen, but a Consumer Reports study found that not all sunscreens live up their promises.

Consumer Reports tested 20 sunscreens and found just two products -- BullFrog WaterAmor Sport InstaCool SPF 50+ and Coppertone Sensitive Skin SPF 50 -- provided the SPF, or sun protection factor, promised on the label. "

http://wtop.com/249/3625875/Which-sunscreens-live-up-to-promises

Actually, the best sunscreens are inside an air-conditioned dwelling, on those hot humid days. Sorry Arkie, I had to.....:biggrin:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Actually, the best sunscreens are inside an air-conditioned dwelling, on those hot humid days. Sorry Arkie, I had to.....:biggrin:

ok ..... but I can't do outside critter chores in the house ....... and I'm really pale - I burn and rarely ever tan, so sunscreen is important for me. If I could afford it I'd get spray tanned.

DEEKAYPEE8569

ok ..... but I can't do outside critter chores in the house ....... and I'm really pale - I burn and rarely ever tan, so sunscreen is important for me. If I could afford it I'd get spray tanned.

So, do you get the highest SPF you can find, by the case? I myself have had to start wearing a ball cap; "sunshine on the roof" and all that.....
:cussing:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
So, do you get the highest SPF you can find, by the case? I myself have had to start wearing a ball cap; "sunshine on the roof" and all that.....
:cussing:

Yup I try to get the strongest, but somehow I end up not applying frequently enough and I get sunburn at some point. I think I'll buy some of that Bullfrog they mentioned. I also need to use some on my horse, her nose burns.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

im the queen of sunblock because of how easy I burn...I have to apply it before any outdoor activity. And now when I sweat with it on (ie when im running) its started burning like hellfire. Neutrogena dry mist doesnt burn but its so expensive for how much i use :/

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Light weight, long sleeve shirts work well. Best to cover up as much flesh as possible.

I spend a lot of time on the water. These tubes are quite popular. They are adjustable so you can cover as little or as much as you want.

tips_facemask7.jpg

C

czygvtwkr

I have to admit that I am a big manly man and I use water babies when I use it. It is in a pretty pink bottle lol. It isn't greasy, smells alright, and seems to work well.

I hate the greasy feeling that most leaves not to mention the smell.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I have to admit that I am a big manly man and I use water babies when I use it. It is in a pretty pink bottle lol. It isn't greasy, smells alright, and seems to work well.

I hate the greasy feeling that most leaves not to mention the smell.

:yeahthat: I like Water Babies also. I have not used Coppertone in a long while but I liked the way it smelled many years ago.