White girl wants a weave

dawnifer

I haven't heard anything negative about Scalped, but for some reason its just an amusing name for a salon

Went to scalped to get the underside of my hair dyed blonde when that was Koo...got charged 200 bucks for some hot orange mess and some really rude behavior.I'd skip them.

NorthStar

Went to scalped to get the underside of my hair dyed blonde when that was Koo...got charged 200 bucks for some hot orange mess and some really rude behavior.I'd skip them.

WOW! I had my hair done at Scalped Salon, I loved it. Just like you I wanted my under color blonde and the lady tried to talk me out of it, said it would not turn out like I wanted. The lady said something like she had to break the color up or it would turn out orange. I was stubborn. I said I KNOW WHAT I WANT, DO IT! Well she did. Guess what, she was right, my hair turned orange. I went back a few more times and finally she got it to the color I was going for. I realize I should let the stylist do what she does best. COLOR! Sorry you did not get what you wanted, I did. I will say it took a few times but that was my hairs fault not the stylist. They should have thrown ME out, I was a pain in the butt. They were 100% Pro's. FYI make sure you use a good shampoo for color hair. With all the well water in PF almost everyones hair turns orange!

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
WOW! I had my hair done at Scalped Salon, I loved it. Just like you I wanted my under color blonde and the lady tried to talk me out of it, said it would not turn out like I wanted. The lady said something like she had to break the color up or it would turn out orange. I was stubborn. I said I KNOW WHAT I WANT, DO IT! Well she did. Guess what, she was right, my hair turned orange. I went back a few more times and finally she got it to the color I was going for. I realize I should let the stylist do what she does best. COLOR! Sorry you did not get what you wanted, I did. I will say it took a few times but that was my hairs fault not the stylist. They should have thrown ME out, I was a pain in the butt. They were 100% Pro's. FYI make sure you use a good shampoo for color hair. With all the well water in PF almost everyones hair turns orange!

This is because you can only lift hair color but so much even if you are using bleach. If you have anything darker than a medium brown you are going to need more than one process to get the affect you desire. I am sure the stylist could have put a 40 plus bleach on your hair but you may have had to endure alot of damage and pain in the end.I have heard that many that want a dramatic change have the hair color stripped first and then the new desired color applied.

NorthStar

That's what the stylist said. I would have DAMAGE! I told her to go the other way. My fault not hers I am sure. The stylist did explain to me about the damage I said NO my hair can not stand up to that.Any way, like I said it was beautiful when all was said and done. And the best part we did it the stylist way slow with a heavy highlight and it is truly a beautiful color. People ask me all the time if it is natural. Ha Ha of course it is. (Natural out of a bottle)