Whitening Shampoo

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I have someone asking me about whitening shampoos. They have a Lhasa Apso dog that is white, and I know many people use whiteners on horses, and use the same shampoos on their dogs. So that's why I am asking in the horse topic.

Is there a website that compares the whitening shampoos? Or can anyone recommend one that works well for them? Or should I just tell her to take both Lhasa's to a groomer? LOL

devinej

quick silver horse shampoo is pretty good. dawn non concentrated dish soap too. also Orvus is good but it only comes in giant tubs. sometimes the stains just don't come out though, i often end up clipping horse's socks to get rid of the stained hair.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
quick silver horse shampoo is pretty good. dawn non concentrated dish soap too. also Orvus is good but it only comes in giant tubs. sometimes the stains just don't come out though, i often end up clipping horse's socks to get rid of the stained hair.

I forgot about Orvus, I have some of that myself.

I have 2 hairy equine monsters that are shedding already. Seems like late Feb is early for them to start shedding out? I thought the hair cycle was governed by the amount light each day?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
light and temperature. and i have one that starts shedding in late january, not to worry.

It'll take them a good month to shed out ...... the birds will be happy with the hair though. Guess I better get the trimmer oiled up for all the trimming that will need done soon, although I'm not very good at it.

Hey, are there horse groomers around like dog groomers? If so, anyone know how much it costs to get a horse bathed and groomed?

I take the dog to get his bath professionally because they do a much better job than I can. I assume a horse groomer would be able to do a better job than me also <G>.

Katelin

one day the dark will end
I use Light Color Coat Brightener made by Earthbath ( from Pepper Pets) on my Maine Coon. Really brings out the white and lighter highlights in his coat and removes some of the yellowing.
Trick is to leave it on for a few minutes to really work.

On my old white longhair cat I used plain old lady "Blueing" shampoo from Wal-Mart. His coat glistened after a bath an brushing!

On both cats I followed up with Mane and Tail conditioner.

But in all honesty, the best person to ask about any shampoos for critters is Paso. :buddies:

paintedpony1234

Horsey Girl
we used Bon Ami for my Pony Club days because my pony would always get manure stains

its an all natural shampoo and I used it like a dry shampoo where I brushed it on and let it sit and then sponged it off on those hard to get places like hocks or coronet bands

anybody have suggestions for going the other way this summer?? now that I have dark bays I am thinking about using some of the shampoos with henna in them

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I use quick silver on the horses especially when I was showing apps...I have used it on dogs too...but dont leave it on long unless you like lavender lol

Thanks Katelin

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I use quick silver on the horses especially when I was showing apps...I have used it on dogs too...but dont leave it on long unless you like lavender lol

ok thanks

hey have you seen green line tattoos on critter bellies before? I did some research online and it seems that some spay/neuter clinics do that now to females to indicate they have already been spayed, but why would they do it to a neutered male?, it's easy to tell males are neutered right? I mean even if they leave the testicles, they tend to shrivel up after being neutered.

See picture of tattoo.

Attachments

• GreenTattoo.jpg
    GreenTattoo.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 115

Katelin

one day the dark will end
ok thanks

hey have you seen green line tattoos on critter bellies before? I did some research online and it seems that some spay/neuter clinics do that now to females to indicate they have already been spayed, but why would they do it to a neutered male?, it's easy to tell males are neutered right? I mean even if they leave the testicles, they tend to shrivel up after being neutered.

See picture of tattoo.

There are many cases where the testes do not drop and are intra-abdominal.
Or perhaps not all people can tell the difference between a altered male and female cat.
Some male cats are done very young so there really isn't a "sack".