Who are the white supremacists again?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Good grief, in this day and age?? And PS, Whitehouse's wife is a shareholder in this Klan rally Democrat club.

His response? “I think the people who are running the place are still working on that, and I’m sorry it hasn’t happened yet.”

Wait, your wife is a shareholder. Isn't she one of the people "running the place"?

More...

It's a long tradition in Rhode Island and there are many of them and I think we just need to work our way through the issues, thank you,” said Whitehouse as he was ushered away by a staffer.

WTH?? How are there still whites only clubs in America in 2021???

I mean, of course it's in a Democrat state - of course it is - and it's not like there are many POC in RI anyway, and certainly very few who are wealthy enough to belong to a schmancy beach club. But Whitehouse's response leads me to believe that the club's White's Only policy is intentional and not just a matter of demographics.

What's interesting is that in lily white Newport a ritzy private club could open to all races and still be almost exclusively white, and yet they don't do that. Isn't this against the law? Or are laws only for the little people?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And the comments! Here's this doof:

markvolan hour ago
I can find a lot of other stuff to criticize Whitehouse on, but this one, nah.
How about his voting record, his ridiculous arguments thrown out in committee meetings and everything else, and just leave it at that?
The racism angle about the club is something that is a political hit job. If like-minded people want to be a certain way, in their private club, so be it.
Places like that club eventually change over time, on their own, and internally.

Dude! It's 2021!

:banghead:

SamSpade

On the same note - I still don't get the rationale for claiming that "white supremacists" are the biggest threat to the country. Evidently the "existential threat" of global warming/climate change - which has been at the forefront of the left's concerns - has taken a backseat to this heretofore UNHEARD OF threat.

We can dismiss ISIS, terrorists, gun crimes, pretty much everything else. Threats we DO have - uncontrolled illegal immigration, China aggression, ACTUAL cyber crime shutting down pipelines and food industries, bio warfare - and problems we ARE facing, cities in flames and including a teetering economy. Nope.

It's white supremacists. Why not? They're on a handful of our favorite TV shows - evil cabals of Snidely Whiplash mustache twirling racists who sit around all day doing nothing but plotting on how to take down another black guy. You can count on one hand the number of incidents leading to arrest from these guys last year. Barely made the news. But - but - but - what about January 6th? Yeah. TELL me how that had ANYTHING to do with RACE.

What do I think is a threat? It's that black ant/red ant meme making the rounds. You can put hundreds of them in a jar together, and they won't bother each other UNTIL YOU SHAKE THE JAR - and then they will assume the threat comes from the OTHER ants - and kill each other. But the enemy is the one shaking the jar.

The BIGGEST THREAT to the strength of the United States is the means taken to destroy that strength - getting us to fight each other. We are not a people based on race, language, culture or DNA - we are based on ideas of freedom, self determination, justice, fairness. Destroy THAT = tell us we are ALL terrible people and our nation is founded on brutality - and you kill it.

SamSpade

And the comments! Here's this doof:

Dude! It's 2021!

:banghead:

They don't "change internally" if it's taken them 60 years to change their minds. Something needs to compel them.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if there were still "men only" clubs - places where men can do things. And while others may bristle at the thought, I still see a place for such things - just as women are entitled to clubs and associations just for women.

But I am mortified that anyone would justify a whites only club - this, and from a party that seeks to brand Republicans as racist with every damned thing they do.

phreddyp

Who gives a crap you are free to associate with whomever you want to as long as they want to associate with you also. I'm certainly am not going to push myself on anyone and am not going to associate with anyone I don't want too. To me it's quite simple.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Who gives a crap you are free to associate with whomever you want to as long as they want to associate with you also. I'm certainly am not going to push myself on anyone and am not going to associate with anyone I don't want too. To me it's quite simple.

That big WHOOSH you just heard....

The point is that this Democrat rails loud and long about "equality" and "white supremacy"....and he not only belongs to a whites only club, he is a major shareholder in it (shares that he transferred to his wife when he got busted out a few years ago so he can technically say he isn't a shareholder).

WHOOSH Part II:

Democrat "activists are predictably silent because the white supremacist in question is one of their own. Too busy busting up statues of their arch enemy Abraham Lincoln.

stgislander

PREMO Member

The point is that this Democrat rails loud and long about "equity" and "white supremacy"....and he not only belongs to a whites only club, he is a major shareholder in it (shares that he transferred to his wife when he got busted out a few years ago so he can technically say he isn't a shareholder).

WHOOSH Part II:

Democrat "activists are predictably silent because the white supremacist in question is one of their own. Too busy busting up statues of their arch enemy Abraham Lincoln.
One small correction.

phreddyp

The point is that this Democrat rails loud and long about "equality" and "white supremacy"....and he not only belongs to a whites only club, he is a major shareholder in it (shares that he transferred to his wife when he got busted out a few years ago so he can technically say he isn't a shareholder).

WHOOSH Part II:

So what the world is full of hypocrites nothing new here.

Hijinx

Why should he not belong to an All White club/
Maxine Waters, Sheila Jackson Lee, in fact every black member of the United States Congress belong to an all black club.
They belong to the Congressional Black Caucus an all black and racist club, known as the Klan with a Tan.

They not only belong to it they brag on it. All black and all Radical racist club that wont even allow a black in it if they do not follow the racist agenda the black klan pushes.

Why is it all right to have an all black club in the Congress and a person cannot belong to an all white club not only in Congress, but in their private lives.? Now we can call this a caucus instead of a club, but the racial slant is there. The racism is there and cannot be denied no matter how hard anyone tries to say blacks cannot be racist. Black are more racist than whites IMO no matter how they push against being called racist.

PeoplesElbow

Hijinx

No true, black republicans are excluded.

I mentioned that , you must have missed it.
All black and all Radical racist club that wont even allow a black in it if they do not follow the racist agenda the black klan pushes.

Clem72

Good grief, in this day and age?? And PS, Whitehouse's wife is a shareholder in this Klan rally Democrat club.

His response? “I think the people who are running the place are still working on that, and I’m sorry it hasn’t happened yet.”

Wait, your wife is a shareholder. Isn't she one of the people "running the place"?

So, while not attempting to excuse their actions I can at least think of a couple plausible reasons they haven't moved towards a more inclusive membership yet.

In most of these types of private clubs membership is often tied ancestry/hereditary qualifications (i.e. descendants of a specific group of veterans or participants in a historic event).

So while they may agree in principal that they need to be more inclusive, they can't just throw open the doors and invite anyone in without undermining the very thing that brought them together.

MadeUpQuote said:
[....] And with that we adjourn this meeting of the "Hereditary Order of Descendants of Colonial Governors, and Darnell"

SamSpade

In most of these types of private clubs membership is often tied ancestry/hereditary qualifications (i.e. descendants of a specific group of veterans or participants in a historic event).

Yeah, so - no black people because, hey it's in the by-laws!

Clem72

Except it's not. Just like historically black colleges can't prevent white people from going to school there, the number of those willing and able are probably few enough that even earnest efforts to be more inclusive might not be immediately fruitful. Doesn't make it illegal.

Not that I really care, i'm not sticking up for the club or that senator, just mentioning a reason that could possibly explain why they haven't made much progress.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The club I help manage was established in 1931 by FDR and a few other Democrats. Many prominentl Dems have been members over the years. As far as I know, the club has never had a member that was black....but there is nothing in the club bylaws that would exclude them.

Last edited:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

That, sounds a lot like discrimination. :nono: