Who delivers?

SamSpade

And how far? I'm curious. We have LOTS of food, but we're getting a little stir-crazy.
Kids are asking to join me to go to the store because they're bored witless.

And we do - or will - have enough cash on hand to order out - if they deliver.
I'm not going to drop twice the cost of a meal if I have to drive. Sorry, that's just me.
If I'm going to try to support restaurants by ordering out, that's my requirement.

Any recommendations? I think delivery must be a new idea for some places.

And how far? I'm curious. We have LOTS of food, but we're getting a little stir-crazy.
Kids are asking to join me to go to the store because they're bored witless.

And we do - or will - have enough cash on hand to order out - if they deliver.
I'm not going to drop twice the cost of a meal if I have to drive. Sorry, that's just me.
If I'm going to try to support restaurants by ordering out, that's my requirement.

Any recommendations? I think delivery must be a new idea for some places.
Think outside the box, man. If you are already out and about with your family, do carry out and have a damn picnic outdoors with them. It's going to be sunny and near 80. Don't miss out on a good opportunity to make a memory in such a tedious time.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
😄

Actually, I haven't had anything delivered - yet. I'm starting to get bored cooking everyday, so he picks up the slack and does it.

I did see on Friday (?) that The Lighthouse was offering a dinner for four. Crab Imperial, potatoes and green beans for $60.00! That is a bargain, but he doesn't care for crab, so we didn't get it...

SamSpade

Think outside the box, man. If you are already out and about with your family, do carry out and have a damn picnic outdoors with them. It's going to be sunny and near 80. Don't miss out on a good opportunity to make a memory in such a tedious time.

I'm never out and about with them - at most it's just one.

But if it's going to be warm and sunny today, they'll be out with us doing yard work.
And then I'll go with delivery. Or picnic out back with home cooked meal.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
We have had a few parking lot picnics. Might even do it again today for lunch if we take the bike out somewhere.

SamSpade

I don't know about Where you are, but Uber Eats is a thing

Saw a commercial for "GrubHub" asking to support restaurants. I thought maybe we should try that.

We've done carry-out twice as a family, but now that we're Zooming a lot of stuff, I'd like a night in for once.

What's the overhead for delivery services?

SamSpade

No one delivers to Scotland....not even Uber.

Years ago, I worked pizza delivery in Massachusetts. Due to the lack of traffic lights, low traffic volume, good roads and such - we were able to extend our delivery area out to three miles in every direction - and still run a good chance of getting it there in 30 minutes - from the call to delivery (which is good considering about 12 minutes was spent just MAKING the pizza from scratch and putting it in a delivery box).

But we were fairly adamant about outside the delivery area. We made a sole exception for two areas close to the edge because of the density of homes. No sense in refusing to serve an area with a LOT of people because they're just outside the zone you created for yourself.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Race in Scotland (zip 20687)
PEOPLEScotland, MarylandUnited States
Population242321,004,407
Female Population34.7%50.8%
Male Population65.3%49.2%
Median Age58.437.8
36 more rows

Sperling's Best Places › maryland › s...