Who is going to the SMHA Show this Sat. or Sun.?

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
It looks like the weather will be Sunny. :yahoo: Sunday looks to be a hot one though with temps. around 85 degrees. Poor horses that haven't shedded out yet will be feeling the heat.:hot: It will be interesting to see what the turn out is for the first SMHA Show since MSA's attendance was down last week.

Sparks

I'll be there on Sunday. I doubt the turnout will be low. Smha has a good following and the weather is going to be spectacular.

Spicober

It looks like the weather will be Sunny. :yahoo: Sunday looks to be a hot one though with temps. around 85 degrees. Poor horses that haven't shedded out yet will be feeling the heat.:hot: It will be interesting to see what the turn out is for the first SMHA Show since MSA's attendance was down last week.

Went to my first MSA show last weekend..I was surprised at the number of people but wasnt sure if that was normal??? Was it just because it was the first show?

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
We wil be there both Saturday & Sunday. I am going to watch the driving classes, and my friend in jumpers. There are 4 classes that I will take Red into on Saturday afternoon.

The forms are now able to be filled out and emailed to them.

I did pick up some electrolytes to put in Red's food starting tomorrow. For the most part he is not to fuzzy but I am still pulled tons of hair out.

Last edited:

Duckz

Went to my first MSA show last weekend..I was surprised at the number of people but wasnt sure if that was normal??? Was it just because it was the first show?

I heard numbers were lower at MSA than in past years. Maybe because the BEST series is getting popular? I've heard of MSA shows in the past that ran until 11 at night.

jamesbond007

I heard numbers were lower at MSA than in past years. Maybe because the BEST series is getting popular? I've heard of MSA shows in the past that ran until 11 at night.

MSA wasn't crowed at all. There were only like 9 horses in Green Hunter, which is usually packed. There were only like 5 farms there, maybe. It was a good show to get my man out to though. We didn't place, but man was he a good boy, especially for having a mom who hates showing.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
MSA wasn't crowed at all. There were only like 9 horses in Green Hunter, which is usually packed. There were only like 5 farms there, maybe. It was a good show to get my man out to though. We didn't place, but man was he a good boy, especially for having a mom who hates showing.

That is a small division.

Spicober

I did notice that everyone seemed really friendly and in good spirits. Especially for a first show!! Was a delightful day

BZHorseMomE

In the past at MSA haven't they had to close the first division in ring two, Schooling Hunter, because they had to many entries. Green Hunter always had at least 20+. Did MSA go till 9pm or later last Sunday?

Sunday should be fun. :yahoo: Not sure if my girl will be lame when she gets her shoe put back on tomorrow evening. She threw it this afternoon. Just hope she has enough hoof to put the shoe back on. If she is Ok she is coming up to school and if she is good go in a few classes.:dye:

Hope everyone on Saturday and Sunday have a great show and their horses/ponies are well behaved. :howdy:

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I hope so to! Red man got clipped tonight and tomorrow he might get a bath before I go up to the show. I still need to take the dog to my mom's.

I am hoping that my breathing will be better than it has the last two days. I am dying this year with allergies.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I'll be there, but we haven't jumped since November. No laughing if I go flying off...unless I'm laughing too, then by all means join in. :) You'll be in a stall near me right, BZ? We're bringing a fan, I can't believe it's going to be 90 degrees, that's nuts.

BZHorseMomE

I'll be there, but we haven't jumped since November. No laughing if I go flying off...unless I'm laughing too, then by all means join in. :) You'll be in a stall near me right, BZ? We're bringing a fan, I can't believe it's going to be 90 degrees, that's nuts.

Oh, I'll have to call you later to tell you more about the stall thing. Yes, we will be near you. :yahoo: I can't believe it is 76 degrees at 10am today.:cds: Wonder how long it will take for jackets to be excused?:whistle:

FrmGrl

Get some!
Oh, I'll have to call you later to tell you more about the stall thing. Yes, we will be near you. :yahoo: I can't believe it is 76 degrees at 10am today.:cds: Wonder how long it will take for jackets to be excused?:whistle:
Well I will have the mobile unit so when you are hot come and sit in the A/C. :buddies: That goes for anyone here too. I have no problem sharing when its blazing hot out!!

FrmGrl

Get some!
Did anyone melt off their horse today? Man it was HOT!
Temp in Leonardtown at 1pm was 91 degrees according to Weather.com
Oh BZ, no mobile unit tomorrow. Got a bad tire just found out now that I am packed and ready to go. Sorry, no A/C!!!!

BZHorseMomE

Well when my girl lost her shoe yesterday the clip ripped a good chunk of her hoof off on the inside of her right front. The Farrier tried to patch it together, but not sure how long the shoe will stay on. She is also sore on that hoof too. So I'm sooooooo bummed I can't be up there showing :cds: She was schooling so well this past week too.

Hopefully things will work out better for the next SMHA show on Mother's Day.:whistle:

Eventer29

MAnn was it hot yesterday!! I dont know how my kids did it. I was feelin dizzy and just plain icky most of the day and I awsnt even riding. Course I was fetching things, switching tack, walking courses with the kids etc....
Congrats to Jumpergirl! on her 2 3rds and staying on!!!!
I was happy with my kids and horses. For 2 of the girls it was their first time other than back yard shows. And sis rode one of my greenies. He was great. Had some rails down but he was brave and tried to listen. (He thinks he is a Big Boy now that he learned he can jump and tries to do the courses on his own) I was very happy with his first show. If only all of my beasties could handle their first time out like he did.