Who Knocks You Out?

Auntie Biache'

Who has a voice that puts you to sleep?

After the move, I started sleeping with the tv on. I've gone through several programs that help me fall asleep. First, Bob Ross. There were a few other programs I watched that put me to sleep, but now I depend on Monty Don. Works every time.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Not a who but a what. I have spells of insomnia and tried all the remedies I could find. What worked for me was turning the TV to the 24-hour Smooth Jazz station with no commercials on cable with the volume down so it just plays softly as I slumber. I turn down the screen too so I don't see the graphics flashing.

Auntie Biache'

Not a who but a what. I have spells of insomnia and tried all the remedies I could find. What worked for me was turning the TV to the 24-hour Smooth Jazz station with no commercials on cable with the volume down so it just plays softly as I slumber. I turn down the screen too so I don't see the graphics flashing.

For some reason, music keeps me awake. My foot will go tap tap tap against the covers, my hips wiggle, I hum along. Music no worky for me. I need a nice, smooth, monotone to put me to sleep. Drives hubby up the wall. If I wake up in the middle of the night, which I do several times every night, I start a new show to fall back to sleep to.

Auntie Biache'

Is it good? We need a new show to binge on.

It is good, but I'll admit to having a little trouble with some of the actors. I don't like the actress who portrays Elizabeth Keen. I think that could have been cast better. She just doesn't exude "FBI". She's too "girl next door". And, I'm having a little trouble getting used to the mature James Spader. While I love how he portrays Reddington, I'm still adjusting. I keep looking for traces of the young Spader. Overall, it's a well done program, and Spader kicks ass, then takes names. It's fun, with lots of "wow" factor. Then, some of the supporting characters (regulars) are a little hard to buy into. Great guest appearances! Alan Alda, Paul Reubens (Ick, I know), Mary Louise Parker (Weeds), as Reddingtons ex-wife, and more that are listed on IMDB that I recognize from other programs/movies that I look forward to seeing.

SamSpade

And, I'm having a little trouble getting used to the mature James Spader. While I love how he portrays Reddington, I'm still adjusting. I keep looking for traces of the young Spader.

I'm still not used to it. Within the last month or two, both "Pretty in Pink" and "Stargate" have been on TV - and part of me says how in God's name can this still be James Spader? Even John Travolta just looks like an older Vinnie Barbarino, but damn did Spader get old fast.

SamSpade

Is it good? We need a new show to binge on.

I still love it - the very first episode definitely hooks you. My wife got tired of it after two or three seasons of some of the "mysteries" being left unresolved. But mainly she gave up when Thomas Keen spun off the failed Blacklist Redemption spinoff.

Auntie Biache'

I'm still not used to it. Within the last month or two, both "Pretty in Pink" and "Stargate" have been on TV - and part of me says how in God's name can this still be James Spader? Even John Travolta just looks like an older Vinnie Barbarino, but damn did Spader get old fast.
I think Spader looks much better than Travolta.