Bay_Kat

Tropical
Blast from the past.

Attachments

• 735070_552871781389770_1311266453_n.jpg
    735070_552871781389770_1311266453_n.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 172

pelers

The lost art of note folding. I think I may have to revive this, the hubby would probably appreciate a few love notes!

I hope I can find instructions, though. I sure as hell don't remember how to do the fancy ones.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
And who remembers Cootie Catchers? I can still make them after all these years. :diva:
I saw some pre-made in the store the other day. :rolleyes: I taught my scouts to do them a couple of years ago as part of a history lesson in toys/games of the late 19th century.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I remember in middle school my best friend and I would write these notes to each other describing every detail of our day when we didn't get to see each other. Now kids just text every move they make. Those were the good old days.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
This makes us sound really old. :killingme
I know.... but they've really been around forever. I'll never forget learning to make them in elementary school. We called them fortune tellers and thought we were so cool. I brought one home to show my parents, because I thought it was so innovative and my dad says, "Oh, we always called those cootie-catchers," then proceeded to make one in about 10 seconds flat. :doh:

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
I know.... but they've really been around forever. I'll never forget learning to make them in elementary school. We called them fortune tellers and thought we were so cool. I brought one home to show my parents, because I thought it was so innovative and my dad says, "Oh, we always called those cootie-catchers," then proceeded to make one in about 10 seconds flat. :doh:

We called them fortune tellers too.

:coffee:

CRHS89

Good memories. I had actually saved a box of them (I save everything), but I am not sure where they are. I think they are at my parents' or grandparents' house. I am sure they are full of "oh my god he looked at me!" and such. I would probably have a good laugh looking at them now.