Who to call for a first time mortgage

grandpa

Homes in Texas

You can get a lot more home in Texas for the price that you will pay here. I just came from the San Antonio area 6 months ago.

Aimhigh2000

A good Guy

Contact Lee Griffith
Columbia National Home Mortgage
800-269-1345

Tell him David and Charllie from Mechanicsville referred ya!

somdjonx

Steve Combs at Charter One got me the loan I needed, we closed on time and I only paid about $500 at settlement - to buy a $170,000 house! I got that 100% deal with no PMI too. He is one of the only local lenders with that loan (100% no PMI). I shopped him against several other local and online lenders but I felt more comfortable with him than any of them ...AND he was the cheapest too! NO JUNK FEES OR POINTS.
I would recommend him to anyone who'll listen. Tell him Bobby and Sam sent you.

BTW - Sleuth14, he still has an office in St Marys on 235 (across from Best Western & Northridge restaurant)

W

wmsaunders

I'm an Loan Officer in PF, I'd be glad to help with any questions.

Bill Saunders
Pinnacle Financial Corp.
301-440-9102 or
301-858-6330

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by calamity jane
You all sound really savvy on this stuff. I'm not. I want to ask your opinions on my situation. I have an FHA loan. Our house was re-assessed by the county for about $40,000 more than when we bought it just 3 years ago. I have been waiting for my loan to value ratio to meet the 80% - 20% mark so that my PMI could be dropped.

It doesn't matter, because as long as you have an FHA loan, you will have mortgage insurance. FHA WILL NOT drop "PMI" which is actually called something else under the FHA program -- another acronym. Nor are they obligated to drop it under the law. You will need to refinance your FHA mortgage with a conventional mortgage. And if your home reappraises below the 80% loan-to-value ratio, your conventional mortgage will not have the additional PMI. If you're financially able to, get out of that FHA loan as soon as you are able.

Personally, I used an online dot-com mortgage broker to refinance last summer. Amerisave was excellent. It took about 20 days from application, to an appraisal 3 days later, to closing which occurred at my kitchen table with a notary.

You might also consider a 20 year mortgage. Typically, the payment slots right in between a 30 and a 15 year payment, giving you faster equity, but a more comfortable payment than a more aggressive 15 year mortgage. It's not typical like the 15 or 30 year terms, but it is a nice option you should consider if you can afford it.

C

czygvtwkr

The local lenders have competetive rates and much more friendly, responsive service. Besides, wouldn't you like to keep your money local?

[/B]

I would just as well have my pocket picked by someone far away than someone local, Im funny that way.

Local Buisnesses get my money when they deserve it.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
We went through Countrywide and had an absolute seamless experience with a low rate and no hassles. Dennis Bridgett was just wonderful and very patient. He's out of St.Charles Towne Plaza in Waldorf...