who uses what transport?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Need a few quotes to TN from here. Its for a weanling i have for sale, so the shipper has to be responsible. The only experience with the ones who do "fill in" was not good, anyone had experience with someone who does fill in and doesn't delay the delivery of all the animals already on board just to fill one stall?
Thx

fallon3386

I have used Horsin Around Horse Transport twice. The last time I used them was before the gas prices flew up and I am not sure if they are in business anymore but I thoroughly liked them. Very reliable and my horses were safe and they were very timely. There number is 615-735-9835.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
My FAVORITE is Equine Express. They're fantastic. They stayed in touch the entire trip and they were able to squeeze me in with little notice on a route that NO carriers regularly make. Most other transport companies wanted to charge me huge fees for a pick up in Ponotoc, Mississippi and a drop off in southern Maryland.

Then, when the truck got here it was so nice I would have liked travelling in it! Peanut had a box stall, constant access to water and plenty of bedding. They also transported a 50pd bag of feed and a box of stuff from the previous owner. I've reccomended them to other people and I will certainly continue to do so!

The other shipper I would reccomend it for Canada imports/exports and overseas flights but they also regularly travel to Ga, TN, NJ, etc. and they might be a good one to check out too! - Doyle Bloodstock When I imported 2 years ago they arranged for me to be able to pick up my mare at a GORGEOUS facility in NJ that was willing to hold my mare overnight. That saved me money as it would have cost more for them to drive down to MD and I didn't mind a short trip up to NJ.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Thanks! A lady contacted me who is having a horse brought over from TN in a few weeks, and i might be able to get him on the trailer on the way back through, but i'll put these in my bank for further use. I've used Zeigler transport and been super happy with them, i just wanted to give the person some options. I'm not sure what the fees are like with anyone with the economy right now. The colt is only 1K, if i were buying, I'd hate to pay as much for the shipping as for the colt, that would suck. I have a lot of inquiries on him, but nobody local, i just made a round trip to KY last weekend, i don't want to do it again so soon I just don't have the time. :frown:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Thanks! A lady contacted me who is having a horse brought over from TN in a few weeks, and i might be able to get him on the trailer on the way back through, but i'll put these in my bank for further use. I've used Zeigler transport and been super happy with them, i just wanted to give the person some options. I'm not sure what the fees are like with anyone with the economy right now. The colt is only 1K, if i were buying, I'd hate to pay as much for the shipping as for the colt, that would suck. I have a lot of inquiries on him, but nobody local, i just made a round trip to KY last weekend, i don't want to do it again so soon I just don't have the time. :frown:

There is a fellow near my work who does it, tons of experience moving TB in the racing world. Says his prices are good. I'll look for his card.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Mac and Fay transports horses and are located in Clinton, MD.
Mom and Pop type of business but they are good and reasonable.
Home
(301) 868-3504 (home base)
(301) 580-5082 (cell)
(301) 868-7350 (FAX)

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
what a neat thread this has turned out to be! I'm so glad i asked. Thank you all. Can we somehow make it a sticky?

covekat

If I get in a bind I use Millenium Horse Transport... Donna is a friend of mine, and does an excellent job, plus she's a great horsewoman! She advertises in the Equiry.