Who's Your Daddy? 1 In 25 Fathers May Be Wrong

B

baswm

Pete said:
Don't bet on it. Many court rulings have shown that once a "kinship" wheather legitimate or not has been established, the "father" bio or otherwise is bound.

Tell that to my coworker, he is stuck paying on a kid he has not met. A week after the CS was set, she married the always thought to be dad. So he is just a pay check.

Pete

Repete
baswm said:
Tell that to my coworker, he is stuck paying on a kid he has not met. A week after the CS was set, she married the always thought to be dad. So he is just a pay check.
Is it his kid?

B

baswm

Pete said:
Is it his kid?

According to the paternity test it is. The child is 14 years of age and does not want to meet him. Threw his family in an uproar and he is barely making it. Why wait 14 years and then say, that one night stand we had, well I want to see if your babys daddy now that he is grown and almost a man. The system screwed him good.

Pete

Repete
baswm said:
According to the paternity test it is. The child is 14 years of age and does not want to meet him. Threw his family in an uproar and he is barely making it. Why wait 14 years and then say, that one night stand we had, well I want to see if your babys daddy now that he is grown and almost a man. The system screwed him good.
Pretty much a raw deal. I would certainly push for visitation, slowly at first of course.

B

baswm

But the teenager wants nothing to do with him and he is at the age that the courts will let the kid decide. My brother in law is the custodial parent and the mom is NCP. The cops cannot make his son visit his mom for the same reason.

Pete

Repete
baswm said:
But the teenager wants nothing to do with him and he is at the age that the courts will let the kid decide. My brother in law is the custodial parent and the mom is NCP. The cops cannot make his son visit his mom for the same reason.
:confused: Neither bio parent is custodial?

E

Ernie

Chasey_Lane said:
I don't pay him any attention. I'm just waiting for the day when K grows up and tells him to kiss her :gossip:.

That is sad. Does he spend any time with her at all?

B

baswm

Ernie said:
I think it is a seperate case??

Correct. I was trying to give a similar example with my brotherin law when he and his wife divorced. He has custody of his son and she the daughter. The mom cannot make son come to visit her because he is old enough to make the decision for himself even if she does have visitations.

Same would be for my coworker. If she ever takes him back to court for CS increase, he wants to go before the judge this time and make her look like the biggest peice of trash possible. It was clear it was just about money.

Pete

Repete
baswm said:
Correct. I was trying to give a similar example with my brotherin law when he and his wife divorced. He has custody of his son and she the daughter. The mom cannot make son come to visit her because he is old enough to make the decision for himself even if she does have visitations.

Same would be for my coworker. If she ever takes him back to court for CS increase, he wants to go before the judge this time and make her look like the biggest peice of trash possible. It was clear it was just about money.
Unfortunatly the court is emotionless about that. He is stuck.