Whose &*%#* idea was this?

SoccerMom2

Dear Taxpaying Voter,

Your concerned has been entered into the system.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the important matter of the intersections. As a Maryland Representative, I share your concern about the intersections, and am taking action that you as a voter in the 29th Voting District of Maryland will see the results of soon.

As you know the issue of the intersections takes time to rectify, and currently we are searching for solutions that do not include raising taxes in Maryland, so that you as a voter will not suffer a greater burden of the intersections.

Remember to vote in November.

Sincerely yours in trust,
Your Maryland Senator/Delagate

If they did it right in the first place they would have to find a way to fix it without raising taxes.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Dear Taxpaying Voter,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the important matter of the intersections. As a Maryland Representative, I share your concern about the intersections, and am taking action that you as a voter in the 29th Voting District of Maryland will see the results of soon.

As you know the issue of the intersections takes time to rectify, and currently we are searching for solutions that do not include raising taxes in Maryland, so that you as a voter will not suffer a greater burden of the intersections.

We know where this guy went now, he's working for the government.
http://forums.somd.com/2439883-post11.html

TPD

the poor dad
I've lived all over the US and nowhere have I ever seen such screwed up road designs as I have here.

You haven't lived in the suburbs of New Orleans - it is there that you can not make a left turn at any intersection with a traffic light. You must go straight through the intersection then make a u-turn.

soundoff

they should've done all these road upgrades before all the new military contractors came. not after. what a mess.

awpitt

Main Streeter
they should've done all these road upgrades before all the new military contractors came. not after. what a mess.

Kind of hard to do that if you don't know when or if they will come. Road projects don't happen overnight. For exampe, plans for the Chancellors Run Road project that's going on now first came out in 1990.

Rt. 235 was widened from 2 lane each direction to three lanes in each direction between 1999 and 2003. That was due to decisions made during the 1995 BRAC process.

I guess they could do them all at once but that would take a whole sh!t load of money and we all know how folks feel about taxes.

glhs837

Power with Control
Right, because this places economy would be rocking without the base? Or maybe you mean all the "new" stuff, like NAVAIR, and the PA engineering folks? I submit without those extra functions, this place woulda been BRACed.

As for doing the improvements before the need, you cant justify the projects until the need is in place. Same as school funding. Schools in the area must reach certain amount of overcapacity before you can even request funding. Avoids that messy situation of spending millions on capacity no one needs.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Dear Taxpaying Voter,

:killingme Perfect!! :killingme

glhs837

Power with Control
On whom? Commuter taxes are made to relieve the residents of the burden of paying for things made necessary by the influx of drivers from outside the tax area. DC, for instance, where a huge majority of the drivers come from elsewhere. Here, most of them are from here.

soundoff

I know i see lots of people entering and leaving the county everyday for work. ever watch route 4? they are the reason for the road upgrades. and not to mention the much needed bridge upgrade.