Whose Land Did Native Americans Steal Before Europeans Stole It From Them?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Any hint that ancient Europeans settled in North America at about the same time as modern Native Americans cannot be countenanced either by Native American tribes or white liberals. For Native Americans, it is a deep insult to their culture to claim that their origins were anywhere else but North America. They reject any migration theories for religious reasons.

The controversy over Kennewick Man shows the lengths that some Native Americans will go to “protect” their culture. A skeleton found in Washington bore some markers of being caucasian. A huge controversy erupted as some Native Americans fought to keep science from unlocking the secrets of the skeleton. After more than a decade of legal wrangling, scientists were allowed to examine the priceless find and the skeleton gave up its secrets. The remains are more closely related to modern Native Americans than to any other living population.

There is also a modern-day political reason for rejecting any hint that Native Americans came from somewhere else.

The idea of coming from somewhere else might threaten the notion that they have primacy on the lands. But, they obviously do because they are coming from these much older stories than anybody else. I look at these stories of arrival and think, “Yeah, they come out of the ground because that is how deep their history goes.” It’s a non-scientific view of the world, but it gives us a window into what it means to be in a place for that long.

So what happened to these older, primitive societies — the Clovis people and others who were clearly present in North and Central America before modern Native Americans? They no doubt had what they considered “their land” to hunt and forage. Who stole it from them and wiped them out?

It’s not a simple question because there are so many holes in our knowledge of early North Americans. There may have been tribal conflicts, and there may have been tribal marriages. The DNA record is silent about land claims, but is that really the point?

What happened to Native Americans when European settlers arrived was as tragic as what happened to the Celtic people when the Slavs and Huns invaded Celtic lands just 800 years before the arrival in North America of Columbus. If anything, the Huns were even more brutal than Europeans were to Native North and South Americans. They also massacred entire villages. They also brought disease and pestilence.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A rant:

I despise these discussions because it reminds me how doltish the GenPop is and how our education system has failed them. There is not one square inch of land on this planet that is currently occupied by its original owners. If you're going to flip out over "stolen land" you better pack a lunch.

I recall mentioning this to my hate-America ranting Soc professor - a freaking Sociology professor!!! He laughed and mocked me in front of the class while I sat there in stunned disbelief giving him the Kayleigh McEnany look. It was a 101 class so I was irritated that I spent all that money and the only thing I learned was that Leftists are ignorant bullies.

Anyway, I don't know if all states/cities/schools did this but in my Lincoln NE schools we spent a good amount of time on our state/regional history, much of which was learning about the Plains Indian tribes. There was a decent NA population in my city, so we had NA education like they have Black History month now, and it irritates me when shows like Yellowstone pretend that all the Injuns live on the res and are separate from white society. That is simply not true and ignorant Hollywood stereotypes annoy me.

Also depicting them as peaceful dumb savages until mean white people came along and introduced them to bigotry and violence - that is complete bullshit. The tribes were highly organized and warred among themselves like big dogs, enslaving each other and capturing girl children for brides, stealing each other's chit. The Lakota were serious badasses and not to be ****ed with.

I really wish people would get off their dumb asses and learn about history so they can stop aggravating me. :burning: lol

< /rant >

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
There is not one square inch of land on this planet that is currently occupied by its original owners. If you're going to flip out over "stolen land" you better pack a lunch.

Are we talking ' racial ' groups or tribal ?

btw I Agree 100%

Hessian

Remember Vrai...one key pillar of Marxism was to rewrite history, AND agitate the people to overthrow the Bourgeoisie. To build hatred...and thus revolution, one must create accumulated layers of distrust & frustration over false narratives. So at the heart of this mess is Social Marxism.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, wanna know why my Scots ancestors came to Nova Scotia? Yep, they were driven off the land they had worked for generations during the clearances.

The Wampanoag allied themselves with my Mayflower ancestors to help the against another tribe that was trying to wipe them out, just like the local tribes that allied themselves with the St Mary's settlers.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Remember Vrai...one key pillar of Marxism was to rewrite history, AND agitate the people to overthrow the proletariat. To build hatred...and thus revolution, one must create accumulated layers of distrust & frustration over false narratives. So at the heart of this mess is Social Marxism.

But the information is available, that's what gets me. There's no excuse for ignorance except people WANT to be ignorant, and it's just mind blowing to me that anyone would actively choose to be a clueless tool.

:tantrum:

Reactions: BOP

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I shake my head when someone brings up the Myth of the Noble Savage in relation to the folks who were here before Europeans came.
I have some Mohawk ancestry. Their enemies called them "Eaters of Men."

glhs837

Power with Control
But the information is available, that's what gets me. There's no excuse for ignorance except people WANT to be ignorant, and it's just mind blowing to me that anyone would actively choose to be a clueless tool.

:tantrum:

If I'm a lazy sack, I would much rather hear its not that I'm a lazy sack, but that even if I wasnt, I couldn't do anything because the system is rigged.

WingsOfGold

I shake my head when someone brings up the Myth of the Noble Savage in relation to the folks who were here before Europeans came.
I have some Mohawk ancestry. Their enemies called them "Eaters of Men."
My first ex wife was full blooded Sioux, she ate the whole thing. :eek: