Why Are They Capitalizing 'Black'?

Smokey1

I think the point is, they are capitalizing black, while leaving white (used in the same context - a noun) all in lower case. I can see no other reason for doing this than to 1) elevate black people above white people, and 2) pander to BLM.

Exactly, capitalizing black and not white when used in the same context is conveying superiority to blacks. Its racist by definition.

PsyOps

Pixelated
If I may ...

So if the word black is capitalized, it now becomes a noun? Black, a color, is used as an adjective. How can they re-write language/grammar use? Isn't a noun a person, place, or thing? Hence the need for capitalization?

On getting to work, whites are more likely to ride the subway, whereas Blacks are more likely to ride the bus.

See? :yay:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Some other rightie blog was ranting about this the other day - I couldn't care less. It's long past time to phase out the silly "African-American", so whether they capitalize the B in black or not is their pander effort and more power to 'em.

I don't know why Black people don't like the term "Negro". I asked this question in a predominantly Black FB group that was supposed to be for whites and blacks to learn to understand each other, and all the Black members went crazy and flamed the chit out of me. Never did answer my question, though. Just that if I didn't know why it's offensive, then I must be a racist who hates Black people. :rolleyes:

Personally, I think "Negro" sounds majestic and Black people should reclaim it, but whatever. Not my dog, not my fight.
Well, here you have it. Who now is perpetuating it?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/daily-beast-sophia-a-nelson-kentucky-ag-uncle-tom

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Right!?! I guess it's okay for her to use the slur since she's black.

Not even the black chick, read further and there are white liberals calling him Uncle Tom and House Negro.

Honestly, when someone tells me they're a Democrat I immediately picture them screaming "******" at a black Republican and threatening to kill Trump supporters. That's what Democrats do.