Why are Trump and his attorneys so blatantly lying?

transporter

Because they are counting on his base which is too lazy to read and too quick to beleive in conspiracy theories.

AP FACT CHECK: Trump, AG spread untruths on Mueller report
TRUMP: “The Mueller Report ... was written as nastily as possible by 13 (18) Angry Democrats who were true Trump Haters, including highly conflicted Bob Mueller himself.” — tweet Saturday.

THE FACTS: Trump repeats a baseless charge that Mueller is a “highly conflicted” prosecutor, something that Trump’s own aides have debunked.

If you say a thing enough times, people think it is true.
TRUMP: “The Mueller Report should not have been authorized in the first place.” — tweet Saturday.

THE FACTS: Trump is entitled to that opinion. The grounds he has given, though, are at odds with some facts.

He claimed as recently as last month that the probe was hatched by Democrats after losing the 2016 election. As evidence, Trump often points to a dossier of anti-Trump research financed by the Democratic Party and Hillary Clinton’s campaign. The research that was ultimately compiled into the dossier was initially financed by anti-Trump conservatives, and later by the Democrats.

But the Mueller report makes clear that the FBI’s investigation actually began months before it received the dossier.

The bolded text is note new news.

TRUMP: “The end result of the greatest Witch Hunt in U.S. political history is No Collusion with Russia (and No Obstruction). Pretty Amazing!” — tweet Saturday.

VICE PRESIDENT MIKE PENCE: “Today’s release of the Special Counsel’s report confirms what the President and I have said since day one: there was no collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia and there was no obstruction of justice.” — statement Thursday.

KELLYANNE CONWAY, White House counselor: “What matters is what the Department of Justice and special counsel concluded here, which is no collusion, no obstruction, and complete exoneration, as the president says.” — remarks Thursday to reporters.

THE FACTS: The special counsel’s report specifically does not exonerate Trump, leaving open the question of whether the president obstructed justice.

This is really the amazing one. Even after having claimed to read the Mueller report Hijinx posted that the Mueller report cleared Trump of obstruction. That level of myopia, which is displayed by many others, is more indicative of members of a religious cult than "informed voters".

ATTORNEY GENERAL WILLIAM BARR, asked if Mueller intended for Congress, not the attorney general, to decide whether Trump obstructed justice: “Well, special counsel Mueller did not indicate that his purpose was to leave the decision to Congress. I hope that was not his view. ... I didn’t talk to him directly about the fact that we were making the decision, but I am told that his reaction to that was that it was my prerogative as attorney general to make that decision.”

THE FACTS: Mueller’s report actually does indicate that Congress could make that determination.

BARR: “These reports are not supposed to be made public.” — remarks Thursday at the Justice Department.

THE FACTS: The attorney general is not going out on a limb for public disclosure.

Justice Department regulations give Barr wide authority to release a special counsel’s report in situations it “would be in the public interest.” Barr had made clear during his Senate confirmation hearing in January that he believed in transparency with the report on Mueller’s investigation into Russian election interference during the 2016 campaign, “consistent with regulations and the law.”

Barr, who is acting as defense attorney to the President not as prosecutor for the people, clearly changed his tune once he read the report and saw how damaging it was to Trump.

ARR, saying it was “consistent with long-standing practice” for him to share a copy of the redacted report with the White House and president’s attorneys before its release: “Earlier this week, the president’s personal counsel requested and were given the opportunity to read a final version of the redacted report before it was publicly released. That request was consistent with the practice followed under the Ethics in Government Act, which permitted individuals named in a report prepared by an independent counsel the opportunity to read the report before publication.” — remarks Thursday.

THE FACTS: Barr’s decision, citing the Ethics in Government Act, is inconsistent with independent counsel Ken Starr’s handling of his report into whether President Bill Clinton obstructed and lied in Starr’s probe.[/QUOTE]

The matters involved with Donald Trump are of much greater consequence than Bill Clinton. Clinton couldn't keep it in his pants...that is not a national crisis. Donald Trump instructed everyone around him including the White House Counsel to lie for him. Donald Trump engaged in a pattern of obstructing or attempting to obstruct Mueller's investigation.

What was his incentive to do all that? Trump claimed and continues to claim he was innocent. If he was so innocent, he would have not interfered.

If he hadn't have fired Comey and then gone on national TV proclaiming that he did it because of Russia, the Special Counsel would have never been convened.

If, and here's the big one, if he had never interfered, the Mueller report would have been a major victory for it was unable to establish enough evidence to prove a conspiracy between the campaign and the Russians.

Instead, Trump was Trump....corrupt, ethically and morally bankrupt, inept and incompetent. So here we are. With a President who sure looks guilty of obstruction and attempted obstruction and a Congress that will get nothing done because of this mess.

MAGA! (huh...I've noticed I haven't read anything about "draining the swamp" lately...wonder why that is?)

This_person

@transporter @TCROW @Midnightrider

It was repeatedly explained to the population that Trump could be prosecuted post-presidency for actual acts of crime, even if he was impeached for the crime(s).

What prosecution did the report recommend against the president, his family, or any member of the Trump campaign for campaign activities?

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Because they are counting on his base which is too lazy to read and too quick to beleive in conspiracy theories.
May be too lazy to read, but I believe some of us still know how to spell.

Or is your misspelling secret code for your followers? Like, "Les des sont sur le tapis" or "Il fait chaud a Suez" ...? Signaling an invasion? Or unplanned trip to the grocery store?

Must be. After all, I've been told I'm very quick to believe in conspiracy theories!

Chin chin!

--- End of line (MCP)